Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tea.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
As in cup of.

Bit hungover and enjoying a nice cup of Yorkshire tea, white, one sugar. But it has to be either Yorkshire or Irish tea, preferably loose leaf. If they don't have either in a cafe I go for an Earl Grey, most make are good except Twinings. I enjoy a green tea too. Have never found a satisfactory own brand of any tea.

So what's your favourite cup of bumble?

P.S never liked coffee.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Always annoys me when people put milk in before the teabag. It's a pet hate of mine.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Only have 1 cup when I first get up and wife uses Tetley tea bags. Drink coffee or diet coke rest of the day.

I don't think my guts could cope with that. I like an Earle Grey about tennish, wherever I am and whatever I'm doing. I take a Yorkshire about 4 ish and green tea before bed time.

I have no idea why I'm informing you of this.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm happy with most tea - prefer Twinings English Breakfast (pip pip). Currently working my way through a box of Yorkshire - not my favourite, but decent nonetheless.

If people put the milk in before the water they deserve it distributed across their face as punishment. I'll take my tea white, no sugar (I'm sweet enough*)

*I'm not really sweet

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I don't think my guts could cope with that. I like an Earle Grey about tennish, wherever I am and whatever I'm doing. I take a Yorkshire about 4 ish and green tea before bed time.

I have no idea why I'm informing you of this.

Is green tea not full of caffeine? Might not be best before bed if you struggle to sleep.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm happy with most tea - prefer Twinings English Breakfast (pip pip). Currently working my way through a box of Yorkshire - not my favourite, but decent nonetheless.

If people put the milk in before the water they deserve it distributed across their face as punishment. I'll take my tea white, no sugar (I'm sweet enough*)

*I'm not really sweet

Ha! I only have sugar when hung over. I like at Twinings breakfast tea also. I got a rather choice wooden variety box of Twinings from my sister at Christmas last year with a splendid tea pot and china cup from another relative. Rather lovely, felt like I was back in the Rajh. It sits lovely on the breakfast table along with my novelty army tank egg cup (another Christmas present).
I take breakfast seriously, not a sound should be uttered save for the odd tut of disapproval from behind Father's copy of the times. However, I find a novelty egg cup amidst the flummery of a breakfast spread can rather lighten a day.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I bloody love a tea, Milk no sugar, however if there is a packet of biscuits within 100ft whilst i am having a cup, i will sniff them out and demolish the packet as well.

However Tea on its own or with a couple of slices of toast is where its at its best.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Yorkshire tea is my favourite. Only need one bag to make a real strong cuppa as opposed to two bags for most other teas. Warm the cup or pot with boiling water and then ensure the teabag is immediately doused in steaming boiling water to force out those fine tea like flavours.

Me, I love tea...oh and a nice biscuiit to accompany...

TNBA

TTF

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I am a snob when it comes to tea. I detest cheap tea so no own brands and definitely not that most vile of concoctions... Yorkshire tea. Typhoo or Tetley for "everyday" tea. Twinings Breakfast Tea for company and Earl Grey for reflective afternoon drink.

Milk in after... how else can I ensure it is the right quantity! Heavily stewed - I probably leave the bag in twice as long as most people (occasionally just leave the bag in while I drink it). Half a sugar - I'd really like to remove it completely but can't seem to take that last step (and a whole teaspoonful or more will make me sick!).

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Twinnings Everyday Tea - the bright yellow box. Fairly milky with 1 sugar. Bless -------- made me want one now!!!!

Paired with a plain chocolate Hobnob and that's it - done

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tetley, very strong (stewed, some might say), splash of milk, no sugar. 8-10 cups a day. PG tips at the Amex (and no, I am not going to moan about the price)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Is green tea not full of caffeine? Might not be best before bed if you struggle to sleep.

I don't know. The one I get has no caffeine but some may do. I fud myself into a coma by 7pm most nights anyway.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Stopped buying tea when I'm out ... all too often somebody with a different cultural heritage (can I say that?) to me pours far too much milk into a lukewarm cup of unbrewed tea and cannot understand that they've just ruined my day.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Stopped buying tea when I'm out ... all too often somebody with a different cultural heritage (can I say that?) to me pours far too much milk into a lukewarm cup of unbrewed tea and cannot understand that they've just ruined my day.

Ah, a common problem. I request a pot of boiling water, and teabag/loose leaf and milk on the side so I can attend to my own needs rather than have to admonish another foreigner, it makes me feel awful slapping the backs of their heads.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
We have one of those Tassimo machines and you can buy Twinnings English Breakfast Tea pods for it. Half a spoon of sugar into an empty CUP then pop the pod in and push the button and let the machine work out the rest. Splash of milk and Now I'm off to get one...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here