Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we financially poorer with this "New" squad of players?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who knows. It does feel as if we've cleared a lot of dead wood though, and replaced them with players who will actually contribute something...

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Wrong question. Wages are much bigger than transfer fees. Right question is what has it done to our wage bill.

My guess is down 25% - but pending a Ulloa replacement.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Wrong question. Wages are much bigger than transfer fees. Right question is what has it done to our wage bill.

My guess is down 25% - but pending a Ulloa replacement.

This.
Makes me laugh, when people assume that transfer fees are the be all and end all of football finance. I keep hearing quotes about the £8m Ulloa money being used to pay a transfer fee for his replacement. when it is far more likely that this money has been added to the overall budget and has help fund the annual wages of Tex, Holla, Corlunga. Players who we have paid little or no transfer fee for but will be on very decent wages.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
There is no way we would increase costs and outlay with our obsession to meet FFP, so I would say we are better off financially.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is no way we would increase costs and outlay with our obsession to meet FFP, so I would say we are better off financially.

I look at it this way as well, as opposed to "Financially poorer".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here