Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joke de Jour?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I played Golf yesterday and there was a building evacuation in the clubhouse afterwards and we all walked out to the tune of Boogie Wonderland …

... Apparently somebody had set off the Earth Wind and Fire Alarm. :banana:

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I must say this does sound highly unlikely, surely if you were to use a song in the absence of a firebell something like "This is an emergency" by the Pigeon Detectives or "Fire" by Kasabian would be far better choices, by playing "Boogie Wonderland" your just encouraging people to dance which could lead to far higher casualty figures.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Strange that the club should have taken such stringent precautions in the case of moving earth of strong winds.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I'm surprised the golf club have spent money to install an alarm for Earth Wind and Fire, they must attend on a regular basis at the club, and be some sort of nuisance when they attend.

I would suggest this would be better solved by discussions with the Police to press charges against the band members rather than waste members money on a pointless alarm.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
How are visitors supposed to know that Boogie Wonderland translates to "Get out quick, there's a fire, your lives are in danger!" ?? Surely a bell or a siren would be more practical?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I think it is the law that all club houses have fire alarms - i don't see a problem with it, they save lives. As for having a earth alarm or a wind alarm, i am not so sure of the need. What country was this?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
is this a joke?

I'm mean, c'mon, Boogy Wonderland?

And what in heavens name is an "Earth Alarm" ?

Ridiculously OTT, I bet the members were furious ......

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Statistically speaking, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Where did you play Golf, how well did you do?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I am pleased to hear that you walked as per instruction, and did not run or panic. Could you still hear this music at the pre-designated assembly point, or is this pure Fantasy?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I saw Louis van Gaal tending to an injured baby deer at the side of the road.

I said, "Fawn ill?"

He said, "F**k off!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here