Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sleep Hypnotherapy

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I am a terrible sleeper. Terrible. Always have been and always will be.

On Monday night I needed to ensure a good night's sleep so popped a sleeping pill. The result - I spent half the night awake and felt DREADFUL yesterday - tired and spaced out.

Since the start of the year I have been meditating before bedtime. The results have been great. It's helped me quiet my busy mind and get to sleep - until a few weeks ago when I moved house.

Since then even the meditation has not been able to help me sleep. I've decided I would like to give sleep hypnotherapy a go.

Has anyone tried it? What were the results? Can anyone recommend me a good hypnotherapist in either Brighton or London?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Have you tried listening to recordings of 'natural' sounds? Like a waterfall, rain, distant thunder, rain forest etc? I try it when my mind is racing and easily nod off!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming

On Monday night I needed to ensure a good night's sleep so popped a sleeping pill. The result - I spent half the night awake and felt DREADFUL yesterday - tired and spaced out.

Since the start of the year I have been meditating before bedtime. The results have been great. It's helped me quiet my busy mind and get to sleep - until a few weeks ago when I moved house.

Since then even the meditation has not been able to help me sleep. I've decided I would like to give sleep hypnotherapy a go.

Has anyone tried it? What were the results? Can anyone recommend me a good hypnotherapist in either Brighton or London?

Crikey, that's a hell of a way from Sydney.

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
Try CDs by a guy called Glenn Harrold. you can get them on Amazon. I used to have terrible sleep problems, but I can honestly say that listening to the sleep CD fixed the problem, and brought about a deep feeling of inner calm, which is what you need to be able to sleep deeply and naturally.

Forget sleeping pills, they'll only make you feel worse and are highly addictive. Plus, it's not proper sleep anyway, just chemically-induced unconsciousness.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Buy a rowing machine
30 minutes a day at a good pace will make you fitter, without killing your joints, and you will sleep like a baby

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

A friend of mine runs this place in Wallington

http://www.sich.co.uk/hypnotherapy/hypnotherapy-for-insomnia/

Ask for Paul Howard, if you're interested.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I went to see a hypnotherapist in 2007, not only because of sleep problems (although I did only sleep about 3 hours at the most at any given time for 6 or 7 months), but for other things, and it worked a treat. First time I went, that night I slept brilliantly and mostly have ever since. I had 3 sessions of an hour with a bloke in Rotherfield, so maybe no good for you, but I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Acupuncture is good for helping you sleep as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here