Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
sami-l229-1877900_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
01:34 27th August 2014
by Adam Tighe
We knew that Swindon were a good team but I was a bit surprised at how good they were"
Sami Hyypia

Sami Hyypia admitted the quality of Swindon Town’s football impressed him after Brighton & Hove Albion negotiated their way past the League One side 4-2 after extra time in the Capital One Cup.The Finn was aware that the Robins were a good side and potential threat - but that their performance against the Seagulls exceeded his expectations and he was pleased to find a way past them and into the third round.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “We knew that Swindon were a good team but I was a bit surprised at how good they were. They played some good stuff tonight and made it very difficult for us but of course I am very happy we are in the next round and not so happy that we had to play 120 minutes.
“It was a good start for us that during one of our attacks we scored. It was a difficult game but I am very happy with the work rate of the players.
“Maybe we could have been more professional and kept the score at 3-1 and not got sloppy, allowing them to get a second goal, then the end would have been a bit more relaxed but I am very happy.”

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Hyypia was also pleased with debutant Adrian Colunga, after the Spaniard made one goal, scored another and won a penalty after only receiving international clearance this afternoon.“When a striker scores it is very good and maybe it will give him a bit of confidence. It is difficult to communicate with him because he doesn’t speak English but maybe I can say well done to him in Spanish.
“We got international clearance last minute just before the team meeting and I wanted him to play because the more minutes he can get the quicker he will integrate into the team and to the way we play.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V CHARLTON
[/h]saturday 30TH AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BLACKPOOL
[/h]SATURDAY 20th september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v Cardiff
[/h]tuesDAY 30TH september, kick-off 7.45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here