Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from Swindon

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Ince scored an absolute worldy.

Was very impressed with Colunga. Very quick.

Dunk was superb yet again.

Calders worked his socks off, a true captains performance.

Ankergren is our third best keeper.

JFC can take a penalty or two.

Swindon played some lovely stuff and deserved better.

O'Grady played like a giant tortoise. Probably the poorest of all our summer signings.

CMS up front with Colunga could destroy Charlton on Saturday.

Any news on Lua Lua's injury?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd agree with all of that. Teixera and Colunga playing just behind Macca is going to be awesome.

Colunga is quick, skillful and a very clever player. We are lucky to have him. I wish I lived closer to Brighton, this season is going to be a treat!

McCourt is slow, but will create goals with his vision. Gardener looked strong. Dunk was outstanding in defence.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, we've got some good new players in now (mostly not playing today, not at the start anyway) - but overall still work in progress. We were lucky today that Swindon collectively had difficulty in locating the proverbial barn door - overall the performance wasn't that much better than at Birmingham. I can only assume from what I've read on here that performances against Leeds and Bolton were much better.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Have you still got the PA announcer and "glad all over" ringing in your ears? It nearly broke the speakers on my PC! :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Have you still got the PA announcer and "glad all over" ringing in your ears? It nearly broke the speakers on my PC! :)
Yeh, bl**dy horrible PA - announcements unintelligible, music horrible. Would have been better if they'd switched the whole thing off. Completely. Any important announcements, like the teams, and who scored the goals, and who was substituted, etc. could have been put on that electronic notice board thing. Bl**dy pain in the ears!

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Back too, and can I say, what a thoroughly entertaining evening. 6 goals, one of them probably being goal of the season, 120 minutes of decent quality football, not the hoofball you my expect from league 1 and of course we are into the next round. Some great singing to from the Albion faithful, highlight being the "No, no, no. Stop! People at the front, just repeat what we sing at the back. It's just like a pantomime." Great line whoever that was.

We may not get the results this season we groun out under Oscar, but I think it will be far more entertaining. McCourt looks decent too!

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
Back too, and can I say, what a thoroughly entertaining evening. 6 goals, one of them probably being goal of the season, 120 minutes of decent quality football, not the hoofball you my expect from league 1 and of course we are into the next round. Some great singing to from the Albion faithful, highlight being the "No, no, no. Stop! People at the front, just repeat what we sing at the back. It's just like a pantomime." Great line whoever that was.

We may not get the results this season we groun out under Oscar, but I think it will be far more entertaining. McCourt looks decent too!

Agreed, it was a fantastic evening, thoroughly enjoyed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Just back in porto del salade, agree with OP and JOLovegrove. A really decent turnout from the Albion faithful, some good singing where I was sitting and some comedic comments from one of the fellas leading it got a few laughs. Pluses were Colunga who will do very well when match fit, Inces goal was a beauty, McCourt looks like he could provide a bit of creativity, negatives - O'Grady was poor, he did try bless him but he was slow and always half a yard away from where he should have been. Ankergren ditto, denmarks number 5 goalkeeper was an accident waiting to happen.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Coach driver was incredibly slow, so I've only just got back!

Someone please tell me COG will get better? He looked awful tonight. Slow and ineffective. I was very impressed with most of our players though, especially Dunk!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
All this is good to hear. On the radio it sounded like torture. Warren Aspinall sounded very negative. I felt quite depressed after listening to him.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
All this is good to hear. On the radio it sounded like torture. Warren Aspinall sounded very negative. I felt quite depressed after listening to him.

The positive comments on here are all justified, however, we were outplayed for much of the game by a better side on the night who should have scored 5 goals. We only ever looked in control when they went to 10 men after getting an injury after using all their subs.

There were many poor performances mixed in with some real creativity from the new boys so things sort of balanced out but it was a poor performance from the "team". Hardly surprising with 11 players not used to playing together regularly and it will be business as usual when we have a settled side as there is some real quality in the squad now.

Dunk was fantastic and Colunga is a real find and will do very well at this level.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Yep, agree about swindon, they were really excellent. Passed us off the park for most of the game: reminded me of us during the Poyet L1 days. I hope it was just down to the changes we made and hopefully we wont be seeing a midfield of Ince, JFC and Crofts again.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ince scored an absolute worldy.

Was very impressed with Colunga. Very quick.

Dunk was superb yet again.

Calders worked his socks off, a true captains performance.

Ankergren is our third best keeper.

JFC can take a penalty or two.

Swindon played some lovely stuff and deserved better.

O'Grady played like a giant tortoise. Probably the poorest of all our summer signings.

CMS up front with Colunga could destroy Charlton on Saturday.

Any news on Lua Lua's injury?

Anyone with an update on this?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I didn't think we were that bad. I remember going to Swindon and losing 3-0 in the League Cup two seasons ago with a much stronger team on paper. Swindon were the better team over 90 minutes but we held our own and hit the bar during a really strong spell in the second half.

The subs made a real difference. Impressed by Gardner and McCourt. They seemed to be calmer on the ball and able to pick a pass better than we had previously.

Colunga was a real mix. Giving the ball away poorly but also playing some wonderful passes and showing great skill. Looks like an exciting signing.

Texeira and them going down to 10 men were the difference in the end. Anyway, we're through and can look forward to the draw today!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here