Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Style under Hyypia

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
Hey guys, how is everyone? Been following your results for a few seasons now, mainly due to the way you play, new stadium etc! and I'm surprised you haven't been promoted yet.

My question is, how are you guys playing currently under Hyypia? Still possession football? Does he look like the right man for the job?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It's too early to fairly assess. With the players we have purchased in the last 10 days though, things are looking far more rosier.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Hey guys, how is everyone? Been following your results for a few seasons now, mainly due to the way you play, new stadium etc! and I'm surprised you haven't been promoted yet.

My question is, how are you guys playing currently under Hyypia? Still possession football? Does he look like the right man for the job?

Under Gus and Garcia we had width up front, but never anyone in the box to get on the end of any crosses as the MF tended to be too deep and the lone striker was left isolated and outnumbered far too often.

Under Hyppia, we are playing narrower, with more support for the striker in and around the box and with the full backs pushing on to provide the width. I think we will definitely be more entertaining to watch, but i can see more wins and losses than the last few seasons, (due to pressing higher up the field so slightly more open at the back, but equally also more likely to pose an attacking threat and score plus Hyppia isn't afraid to go for a win if the result isn't going for us and gambling with personel and formations - ie, taking off a defender and bringing on a forward with a decent amount of time left so they might actually make a difference (rather then the usual 2 minutes from the end we'd have got under previous managers) such as in our recent game vs Sheff Wed, even though we were down to 10 men) hopefully the extra wins make up for any extra losses and we can get promotion this season.

We are moving the ball forward a lot quicker too which all too often we'd slow play down and let the opposition defense get organised again and we'd find it hard to break down

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We'll score goals, and we'll concede a few too.....but the football is entertaining which is why we go right?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
We are moving the ball forward a lot quicker too which all too often we'd slow play down and let the opposition defense get organised again and we'd find it hard to break down

This, I feel is the key. All too often with the last two managers we've kept possession at the back but been very slow getting it forward.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
This, I feel is the key. All too often with the last two managers we've kept possession at the back but been very slow getting it forward.

Painfully slow.

It's almost like we were saying to the opposition "go on, get back into position before we launch another predictable attack"

We've been crying out for more expansive tactics in the last few seasons. Hopefully Hyypia can deliver that now.

We've not been the most exciting to watch over the last few years.

Watford x 2 and Bristol City away are all up there in the three dullest games I've ever witnessed

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
[MENTION=8619]Guy Fawkes[/MENTION] nailed it.

I'm really enjoying it and am properly looking forward to the season continuing this way.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
We have been much more positive in an attacking sense, more entertaining football and somehow he has managed to get Gordon Greer playing like he is 5 years younger than he actually is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here