Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sign of a good team or lucky?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Swindon battered us for most of the game yet were probably going to win. Is that depth & quality or them going down to 10 men?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Could have been worse.

Ask Van Gaal. :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The fat lady is having a bit of a wait

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If you were there you would've known that the reason they only had one on target was because they were awful at shooting... Not because we defended well
Sadly true. Our defence got in some fabulous blocks, but as for closing opposition players down................................

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If you were there you would've known that the reason they only had one on target was because they were awful at shooting... Not because we defended well

It sounded like that on the radio.

I am not surprised; if Bolton were any good at shooting/heading they could have gone 0-3 up, instead of just one. We won 2-1.

In contrast, Wednesday did not create a proper chance and we lost 0-1.

I do not what the trouble was at Swindon, but we could all see the three clear chances Bolton had at the Amex.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Still gelling, room for improvement.
I am quietly optimistic about this season and think we will end up with a team of players and not one lone star, plus support act, which I think is good.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
We win and people are still not happy, I remember the last game in the competition when we left it until late to wrap up the game. People on here saying we need more players and that we put out our best team and struggled.
Well since then we have got more players and for some of them, it's been straight into the team. Cup games are for the most, hard games, lower league teams step up and have more of a determination to do well.

Just do not believe some on here, we are in a transition period where it will take time for players to bed in, and yet we are still winning games. We have some quality players who will only get better as the season goes on.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We win and people are still not happy, I remember the last game in the competition when we left it until late to wrap up the game. People on here saying we need more players and that we put out our best team and struggled.
Well since then we have got more players and for some of them, it's been straight into the team. Cup games are for the most, hard games, lower league teams step up and have more of a determination to do well.

Just do not believe some on here, we are in a transition period where it will take time for players to bed in, and yet we are still winning games. We have some quality players who will only get better as the season goes on.

This, several debuts and fringe players played and we won the game. Our new striker scored and JFC proved he can take penalties... Tex also came off the bench and changed the game by the sounds of it. Not much to moan about there for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here