Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's turn is to ask if there's a live feed for the Charlton game?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well?

Yes I know the answer is always the same but please don't let that stop you asking the question.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oi, it's not your turn to ask whose turn it is to ask if there's a live feed for the Charlton game.
You are quite right, I do take it upon myself to sarcastically point out the bleeding obvious by asking a bleeding obvious question, about the bleeding obvious.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There is always a live stream from the Amex if TB is in Australia, at least that's what we've been told, he has a live link so he can watch homes games while he's away, doubt it's broadcast though, just a private web stream.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Last Saturday there was a live stream on wiziwig but it turned out to be Derby v Fulham :lolol:

Fada

Aug 5, 2014
My first post here and immediately i have to rant. Why, oh why, ii is so hard to set that stream for paying customers? Every match is obviously "filmed" so it is only matter of will, at least that is how i see it.

Since spring i have followed this forum and clubs website/app and i have some kind of positive relationship and interest on the team. But as long as i am unable to see any matches, it is not very rewarding. Should i support for example Liverpool, like many do here in Finland, and just forget Brighton? Almost every Premier league match can be seen either through internet streams or pay television.

I asked Brighton supporter service about this and got politely directed to Performgroup customer service. They suggested "seagull player" as a solution. I said no thanks, i would get no help from that service.

So, i just cannot believe that its impossible to see any Brighton match. It does not need to be live, id love to watch that game any day during this week for example if that is an answer.

Annoying...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
My first post here and immediately i have to rant. Why, oh why, ii is so hard to set that stream for paying customers? Every match is obviously "filmed" so it is only matter of will, at least that is how i see it.

Since spring i have followed this forum and clubs website/app and i have some kind of positive relationship and interest on the team. But as long as i am unable to see any matches, it is not very rewarding. Should i support for example Liverpool, like many do here in Finland, and just forget Brighton? Almost every Premier league match can be seen either through internet streams or pay television.

I asked Brighton supporter service about this and got politely directed to Performgroup customer service. They suggested "seagull player" as a solution. I said no thanks, i would get no help from that service.

So, i just cannot believe that its impossible to see any Brighton match. It does not need to be live, id love to watch that game any day during this week for example if that is an answer.

Annoying...

Welcome to NSC!

The reason that games are not streamed live is down to copyright. TV stations have contracts that prohibit clubs from doing just that. In return clubs benefit from guaranteed cash revenues during the life of the contract.

Fada

Aug 5, 2014
Welcome to NSC!

The reason that games are not streamed live is down to copyright. TV stations have contracts that prohibit clubs from doing just that. In return clubs benefit from guaranteed cash revenues during the life of the contract.

Thank you. Just a confirmation, TV stations are paying clubs so that nobody can see the matches other than in stadium or are there some TV channels showing these matches?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Thank you. Just a confirmation, TV stations are paying clubs so that nobody can see the matches other than in stadium or are there some TV channels showing these matches?

Yes, clubs receive a fixed amount of money per season over the life of the contract, they also receive additional money when they are shown live on TV.

A few times per season a game may be shown live on TV, the next one for us is on Friday October 31st, when we play Bournemouth away. Live league games are shown on SKY TV sports channels. If there is an attractive cup draw then that is another opportunity for a game to be shown live. Other than that, it is highlights only on TV and via Seagulls Player.

Occasionally a game may be shown live abroad but not here in England.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Is there one?

Is there a live feed for the Charlton game?

Yes, just pop along to here.

amex-stadium-from-falmer-station-bridge.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There is always a live stream from the Amex if TB is in Australia, at least that's what we've been told, he has a live link so he can watch homes games while he's away, doubt it's broadcast though, just a private web stream.

There are private Slingbox streams of all home games, complete with commentary and replays. I assume the same footage is then very quickly converted for Player usage.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The "are there any streams?" question is not quite as stupid as it may appear though. If the Albion are in the feature game on the Football League Show, the game is invariably shown live overseas, which means streams will be available. There seemed to be quite a few of these last season, but they don't become known until a day or so before the game itself.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here