Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia leaves Maccabi Tel Aviv

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
BBC:

Former Brighton boss Oscar Garcia has left his job at Israeli club Maccabi Tel Aviv because of the "current security situation" in the country.
Garcia is set to be replaced by former Liverpool assistant coach Pako Ayestaran.
Garcia has been linked with the manager's job at Fulham should current coach Felix Magath be relieved of his duties.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Isn't it the same situation as the last time he left. Why did he go back if it's the same situation as before.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Really not bathing himself in glory over the past 18m!

I think he is a capable manager (given what he achieved for us under the cloud of the final months of Gus and last year's injury woes) but on a personal level, I would never employ someone like him. It's not like Israel has been peaceful for decades and suddenly its a warzone!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No doubt he will be the Fulham manager in a week or so

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bit of a flaky character, thats 3 times in a year he's resigned. Not always for football reasons either.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe he can use the magic words, "Israeli league Champions" and "Championship play-offs" in the future.

The number of chairmen he'll sucker with those magic words will be considerably less tho eh? Any club doing their homework will surely note bottle job in his last two managerial appointments.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bit of a flaky character, thats 3 times in a year he's resigned. Not always for football reasons either.

Somebody- I forget who, but well played- just called him "Juan Season" on Twitter :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Dec 29, 2011
The number of chairmen he'll sucker with those magic words will be considerably less tho eh? Any club doing their homework will surely note bottle job in his last two managerial appointments.

I like to think chairmen in charge of multi-million pound businesses do more homework than look at his leaving history of his past jobs. Even if they did, they'd see he left Tel-Aviv the first time to pursue a more ambitious club, he left Brighton as his ambition wasn't being matched, and he left Tel-aviv for the second time due to it being a war zone (although slightly odd he decided to re-join).

He stormed the Israeli league with a team that hadn't won it in almost a decade and sneaked into the play-offs with a poor team which in hindsight seemed to have a seriously disjointed/poisonous dressing room and a ton of injuries.

For the record I think he'd do well at another championship club who provide adequate resources, as he already proved with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here