Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
greer-260814-l229-1876238_478x359.jpg

Gordon Greer
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
12:52 26th August 2014
by James Hilsum
It’s a massive game for us playing against the world champions, so it’s great to be involved."
Gordon Greer

Brighton & Hove Albion captain Gordon Greer is relishing the prospect of taking on the world champions in the wake of his Scotland call-up for their opening Euro 2016 qualifier against Germany.
The 33-year-old is thrilled at the prospect of potentially lining up against the four-time World Cup winners and backed Albion teammate Craig Mackail-Smith to bring himself back into the international reckoning.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s a massive game for us playing against the world champions, so it’s great to be involved.
“When I found out Germany were in the group it was something we were all looking forward to. You go into these games where no one expects Scotland to win, so we can go there give our all and see how we get on. It will be a great experience for myself and for all the players that get picked.
“I think the only reason Craig hasn’t been selected is because he’s been injured. He’s been in good form since the start of the season and he’ll be desperate to get back involved in the Scotland set-up.
“He’s full of energy and I think the system we’re playing now does support Craig more so than it would have supported Leo [Ulloa]. He was great on Saturday and since he’s had that injury he’s come back and been outstanding. Hopefully he’ll get back into the squad soon enough.”
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

The Albion skipper also ahead to tonight’s Capital One Cup tie against Swindon Town and is confident that Brighton can avoid an upset against his former club and progress into the third round.
“I’m looking forward to going back to Swindon and hopefully this time we can win. It will be the third time I’ve been back and it’s great every time, but there are fewer people there that I know now.
“We’re going into the game with a really good squad. In the last week we signed a few players and there’s competition for places all over the pitch. It’s great to have people that the manager can trust and it allows him to rest players and keep them fresh.”*[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V CHARLTON
[/h]saturday 30TH AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BLACKPOOL
[/h]SATURDAY 20th september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v Cardiff
[/h]tuesDAY 30TH september, kick-off 7.45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here