Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FootGolf

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Off on a stag do Saturday and our first activity is FootGolf, up near Horley.

Sounds like cracking fun, just wondering if anyone has played it before and if the concept really is as simple as it sounds?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Yes did it in Thailand , great fun and yes it is what it sounds like. Always thought it would be great in this country, the amount of football nuts we have.
Good earner as well if you have a bit of land spare, how much is it costing?

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Yes did it in Thailand , great fun and yes it is what it sounds like. Always thought it would be great in this country, the amount of football nuts we have.
Good earner as well if you have a bit of land spare, how much is it costing?

£15 a head I think for 18 holes. It's a dedicated course, but built at an existing Golf club. Wonder how the stuffy members have taken to loads of lads wearing Football gear rocking up so far?!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
£15 a head I think for 18 holes. It's a dedicated course, but built at an existing Golf club. Wonder how the stuffy members have taken to loads of lads wearing Football gear rocking up so far?!

They laughed and pointed when I nearly broke my foot kicking a Titleist off the first

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
My friends have done it, apparently Putting is the tough part, getting a ball to stop at a certain distance doesnt seem natural as you generally play the ball at something not to go in, unless its a goal of course.

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
We have the national ranking tournaments near me in which my colleague has played numerous times. I too have played myself and admittedly it is great fun. You don't even need to be the best footballer. My tip for putting is to roll it underfoot. Not place your foot on the ball to roll mind.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I play this in my garden, but I have to hit something to end the "hole" - I haven't dug football size holes in the garden. A warning to anyone trying this at home and combining it with alcohol consumption - you may get a little over confident about being able to clear the conservatory :down:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Urban shoe golf is better! Its a lot cheaper, and fun when pissed.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I have done it at Horley - it's a disused golf course that's been completely converted for footgolf, so don't worry about upsetting "real" golfers. It's great fun, be sure to take some beers to walk round with. The key is not kicking it far but kicking it straight - and as others have said, roll your "putts" with the sole of your boot rather than a pass with your instep. We had 16 of us which ended in a 2-man play off which was won by a hole-out eagle from the fairway. Shit escalated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here