Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help - New York Knicks Tickets

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Hopefully someone on the East coast will be awake and can give me a hand here.

I am looking for four tickets for the New York Knicks versus Chicago Bulls on 29 October. I have checked with a couple of online sites and the cheap seats are starting at $150 for this game. Is there a more cost effective way of getting hold of tickets for this game and if so how can I do this ? We will only be in New York for 4 days and my lads are desperate to take in an NBA game, whilst we are there. I am less keen to blow $600 on one night of sport.

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
It's an unfortunate game to be on when you are there, from a price perspective. We're just back from the states and watched a baseball game in Tampa - the least supported side in MLB by fan numbers/attendance. Tickets for games can be as low as $8...we were there when the Yankees played and it cost $40 a ticket. Stubhub.com is a resell marketplace for tickets but by the looks of things the prices are the same as you were saying - however this is a site owned by eBay and prices can be higher or lower than face value as there is a 'service charge' (naturally).

Good luck!

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Very surprised they use a ticket agency rather than through themselves. The majority of teams are much cheaper than that but it's in NYC and at The Garden so I suppose they never run out of tourists wanting to go

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Have seen the Knicks a few times and usually ended up using Stub Hub and getting seats from a season ticket holder who can't make that game. If you can't get them in advance, always worth checking with the box office at the MSG. I managed to pick some up on the morning of a game once, although it wasn't the Bulls in town.

Another option is a short trip to Brooklyn to see the Nets. Fantastic venue, easy to get to and near and has the advantage of you being able to visit the best pizza place in New York (Grimaldi's) which is close to the waterfront on the Brooklyn side of the Brooklyn Bridge, on your way to the game.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Take them to watch a game of netball. It's the same game basically and is free if you hang around girls playgrounds*

*hiding in bushes advised. Eyebrows may be raised otherwise. Actually, don't get caught hiding in bushes outside girls playgrounds either.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I've seen the Knicks at MSG a few times (including Bulls @ Knicks last year) and always use StubHub. Tickets will be way over the face value, especially for the season opener, but it is a pretty safe system in my experience. For some games you can probably save by waiting until the last minute, but I would doubt that would work for this one. MSG is a lot nicer than it used to be although the cheapest seats will be a long way from the court.

I think that the official NBA ticket resale site is through Ticketmaster but the prices on there do not seem any better (maybe the same tickets on both sites??).

As Walt says, the Nets at the Barclays Center is pretty cool too - great arena but not the nicest part of the city.

Enjoy the game if you manage to go and expect the Knicks to get well and truly hammered....

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I would have no problem going to watch the Brooklyn Nets, but they play on the Sunday night and we fly back in the morning.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
You're pretty unlucky in that 1) it's the Knicks' home opener; and 2) it's against the Bulls. It's not going to be cheap.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The Knicks are the perennial underachievers in NBA, bit like the Mets in MLB. As Walt says StubHub is the best option – but don’t expect any great deals, anything at MSG – Knicks or Rangers – tends to be pricey but it is a great atmosphere. Other stuff in NYC can be surprisingly good value, the Red Bulls are about $25 a ticket and I’m going to the US Open tomorrow night and tickets are $30.

Have seen the Knicks a few times and usually ended up using Stub Hub and getting seats from a season ticket holder who can't make that game. If you can't get them in advance, always worth checking with the box office at the MSG. I managed to pick some up on the morning of a game once, although it wasn't the Bulls in town.

Another option is a short trip to Brooklyn to see the Nets. Fantastic venue, easy to get to and near and has the advantage of you being able to visit the best pizza place in New York (Grimaldi's) which is close to the waterfront on the Brooklyn side of the Brooklyn Bridge, on your way to the game.

Agree with this. If it wasn't an early season game you would probably have the luxury of the Knicks sucking big time and the tickets being available at below cost. Last time I saw the Knicks I had a dozen touts outside trying to undercut each other to sell at any price. Unfortunately you won't have that chance, but you might be able to pick up from a STH.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Check on seatgeek.com - I think $150 is going to be as low as you can go unless you want to wait until the night and try and buy from scalpers outside.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At the start of last season the Washington Wizards were selling tickets, through stubhub for less than a $5 dollars, some even for a few cents.
By the end of the season they were changing hands for thousands of dollars.

It would seem you're a victim of unfortunate timing.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I watched basketball on tv once hoooow boring even the crowd were doing their own things and were not paying attention to the game, I know this because I ended up watching them rather than the players, it was back on forth scoring every 30seconds like tennis with more people for spectators with ADHD! i guess thats why the uanks like it. But whatever floats you boat, hope you find some tickets

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here