Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion in the market for another Striker

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
So we could be getting another striker before the window closes http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11431538._/?

To me, the Baldock saga ended when Colunga joined and Steve Cotterill's & Bristol City's Over valuation of Baldock cost them a big incoming transfer fee.

Albion have stated before they won't pay over the odds for players and I assume BCFC saw our incoming transfer dealings and rubbed their hands together which has not worked IMO

As much I don't think we are looking for an Ulloa replacement in terms of height, I think Sami is looking for a physical presence up front

It's going to be an interesting week

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So we could be getting another striker before the window closes http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11431538._/?

To me, the Baldock saga ended when Colunga joined and Steve Cotterill's & Bristol City's Over valuation of Baldock cost them a big incoming transfer fee.

Albion have stated before they won't pay over the odds for players and I assume BCFC saw our incoming transfer dealings and rubbed their hands together which has not worked IMO

As much I don't think we are looking for an Ulloa replacement in terms of height, I think Sami is looking for a physical presence up front

It's going to be an interesting week

Good, right move in my mind. We are definitely lacking a physical presence.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Hardly Ulloa though is he. I'd still like to see an option on the bench who is big, strong and powerful in the air.

I've seen the 3 games he's played this season and COG IMO looks pretty poor. At Birmingham he was awful (but to be fair so were most of the side) and I think we definitely need 1 more striker and knowing the club it wouldn't surprise me if he came in from abroad as well. Any club can make a mistake or two in transfer dealings and I think COG and possibly Toko might be 2 that we regret.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I've seen the 3 games he's played this season and COG IMO looks pretty poor. At Birmingham he was awful (but to be fair so were most of the side) and I think we definitely need 1 more striker and knowing the club it wouldn't surprise me if he came in from abroad as well. Any club can make a mistake or two in transfer dealings and I think COG and possibly Toko might be 2 that we regret.

Plenty of time for them both yet. The Tykes raved about COG. It might well depend on the system we play and the chance he gets of a run in the side. He can't be anyone of a disaster than Hoskins, Harley , Farrington or Peake

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Which makes me think, why was he bought, something I'm also thinking about McCourt. These thoughts will only multiply if Bozza, HKFC and Edna (quite a combination) are right, and we'll be buying another forward.

I agree. If plan A is to deploy fast, nimble, technical players, why would Sami want a second (out of what would then be still only 5) classic, big #9? That would especially be the case if any new player were to be a big money signing....

It would make more sense if any further striker fitted the plan A mould.

I would also observe that currently we have 26 players in the squad, so we're already 1 over. I'm guessing that Maksi might be going out on loan. If another striker comes in - perhaps one of the existing four exits, temporarily or permanently?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here