Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Edinburgh Military Tattoo (sp)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sort of liked it as a kid in the SEVENTIES, got less interested as a teen in the EIGHTIES, saw it vanish to post 11pm in the NINETIES, thought it was dropped past Y2K.

It is back on PRIMETIME BBC1 right now! REALLY? Have Auntie really got so little imagination? Does someone really think that the public have any interest? Is this just timed to go out with the independence debate later this evening?

Anyway, just to be nostalgic I have got out the M&S shortbread collection that Auntie Moira sent me for Xmas.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I enjoy the Edinburgh Tattoo very much.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Sort of liked it as a kid in the SEVENTIES, got less interested as a teen in the EIGHTIES, saw it vanish to post 11pm in the NINETIES, thought it was dropped past Y2K.

It is back on PRIMETIME BBC1 right now! REALLY? Have Auntie really got so little imagination? Does someone really think that the public have any interest? Is this just timed to go out with the independence debate later this evening?

Anyway, just to be nostalgic I have got out the M&S shortbread collection that Auntie Moira sent me for Xmas.

Its a bit like the Royal Tournament that used to be on the BBC at Earls Court, excellent memories, but was stopped for a while due to costs.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
There's a lot to like about a bit of pomp and ritual. Plus I'm a sucker for the pipes. Saw it live a few years back, when the lights came up after the lone piper and the pipes rose to Amazing Grace was one of the truly amazing moments of my life.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There's a lot to like about a bit of pomp and ritual. Plus I'm a sucker for the pipes. Saw it live a few years back, when the lights came up after the lone piper and the pipes rose to Amazing Grace was one of the truly amazing moments of my life.

I went to Edinburgh for my 60th birthday, taking in the Tattoo as part of the weekend.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I went to Edinburgh for my 60th birthday, taking in the Tattoo as part of the weekend.

Perfect birthday outing in my opinion. My father was stationed in Edinburgh and we went with some of his old Naval mass. my cousin played pipes one year, unfortunately I didn't see that one but would go to see it any chance I got.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Its a bit like the Royal Tournament that used to be on the BBC at Earls Court, excellent memories, but was stopped for a while due to costs.

When I was very very young I loved going to Portsmouth for Navvy day also Aldershot for Army day and Farnborough air show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here