Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy Birthday Born To Run

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
39 years ago today, IMHO, one of the greatest albums ever was realeased on this day.
The track Born to Run, Bruces anthem, was so far ahead of its time, it still sounds as good today as it did when released.

[yt]IxuThNgl3YA[/yt]

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Great album - hard to believe it was so long ago and not even his first album. Yet he keeps giving the long outstanding live sets

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Brilliant now as it was then. Clarence Clemons on sax - the best

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
They did it start to finish when I saw them in Coventry last year. Marvellous it was to.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Brilliant album from a phenomenal group of musicians who still sound as good today as they did then.

Greatest 60 secs of a live show ever for me was seeing Bruce at Earls Court early noughties. A superlative "Thunder Road" finishing with the the Clarence/Roy Bittan sax and piano interplay as per the album then a "one, two" straight into "Born To Run".

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
39 years ago? Never realised it was that long ago. God I feel old.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
They did it start to finish when I saw them in Coventry last year. Marvellous it was to.

I was at the Coventry gig too. Utterly superb!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Greatest 60 secs of a live show ever for me was seeing Bruce at Earls Court early noughties. A superlative "Thunder Road" finishing with the the Clarence/Roy Bittan sax and piano interplay as per the album then a "one, two" straight into "Born To Run".

Just to make you feel older, that was 1999, The Reunion Tour, four nights at Earls Court. Superb concert

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Check out the box set that includes a brilliant 'making of' documentary, the original CD and his first live UK concert after he recorded the album....immense!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Saw his concert at Hammersmith in, I think, 1975. Blew me away then and he's still doing it 39 years on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here