Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

God, why two kidneys?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
I'm not knocking the fact that I have two kidneys, I may need them both one day, and many folk rely on the second one for medical reasons. Just wondered, though, what makes kidneys so special to warrant us having two. Why is only one heart and liver provided when they are equally as vital to our functioning as kidneys? Do you think God over designed as he saw kidneys as a bit of a weak human component, requiring the option of a spare?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very useful for a friend of mine who had one removed due to a cancerous growth. So we were fine with it :thumbsup:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I'm not knocking the fact that I have two kidneys, I may need them both one day, and many folk rely on the second one for medical reasons. Just wondered, though, what makes kidneys so special to warrant us having two. Why is only one heart and liver provided when they are equally as vital to our functioning as kidneys? Do you think God over designed as he saw kidneys as a bit of a weak human component, requiring the option of a spare?

Good question but nothing to do with God.

You couldn't have a spare backup heart though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very useful to Mini as one only works at 28% capacity and will never get any better.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Good question but nothing to do with God.

You couldn't have a spare backup heart though.

Don't tell me Dr Who isn't true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here