Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reef

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Hello Cornish.
The Watering Hole. The best pub in this country (that I have been in anyway) by a mile, especially this time of year with the holidaymakers and surfers, great music, great ale and cider, goodish food, happy people, right on the beach with the setting sun over the surf. It does not get any better, jealous.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Blimey saw them when I was at Uni in 94/5 must have been going over 20 years or more at least.
Great band.

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Hello Cornish.
The Watering Hole. The best pub in this country (that I have been in anyway) by a mile, especially this time of year with the holidaymakers and surfers, great music, great ale and cider, goodish food, happy people, right on the beach with the setting sun over the surf. It does not get any better, jealous.

Hello Chopper nice to hear from you. Haven't been on for a while as been working away but the Watering Hole still very cool. Must go to some Plymouth matches this year!

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Blimey saw them when I was at Uni in 94/5 must have been going over 20 years or more at least.
Great band.

And still brilliant, been doing tour to celebrate 20yrs of being on the road and the best gig I've been to in years (and wife fancies the pants off the lead singer)

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
I once supported reef at the coach house near danehill (as a drummer in a teenage indie band). It's a cafe now but used to do some good gigs.

As for the singer from reef....

Damn that boy could sing...

Last edited:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Never capitalised on their Levis ad....*was it Levis??

No, it was Sony Mini-Disc which was music medium which never really took off.

Reef however, did take off and were very successful, which is hardly surprising as they were excellent. I saw them a few times back in the day and they were always outstanding live.

They were also pretty decent at football as they won the music industry football tournament one summer.

As for the Levis ad, that was Primal Scream...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Hhmmm did primal scream do a Levi's ad??

I remember stiltskin - a great riff surrounded by a terrible song.

I remember spaceman by Babylon zoo - a catchy intro surrounded by a terrible song.

Various others as well like 20th century boy but not primal scream...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
There was something about his voice that really irritates me, but kudos to their longevity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here