Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A PARTY POLITICAL BROADCAST.....soz i't's13 years late!!!

SOOTY

Aug 25, 2014
Hi folks...Sooty here from Cambridge!x Thanx to Bozza/admin for their administering of your site and allowing me to join and post this link to a programme we made back in 2001 called Amber & Black! It was all about the U's each week and broadcast on local Cable TV to Cambridge folk....and no one else really.....until now....13 years later!x I fronted over 30 of the shows and I recorded them on VHS as you did back then! There they sat....until Utube about 5 weeks ago!x I was inspired by CUFC's re-arrival into the League proper and thought of reviving the shows which covered the last time we were in Div 2!....they have gone 'massive' back home and certainly fans of clubs who featured have appreciated the footage too!x I hope you all will....as YOUR ON!!!x

I have just uploaded Episode #9 which featured the first home game at the Abbey v yourselves! Loads of fans and a bit of action from 2001 is on there! You also have a 'star' in your fans quarters who was doing his best for you all and he would have made my 'team' of supporters any day!x A happy day for all I recall and present it here for you to enjoy....13 years later!x
If you like the show then there are other episodes already uploaded and a further 20+ as we go along each week i will mirror the games we had...13 years ago!x My name is Sooty Edwards....on me passport and stretched limousine....you're welcome!x The new shows will be announced and linked via my Facebook page which all comers are welcome....I just don't 'chat'....too busy....I just 'share'...and pi** meself at all your things you whack on there......super..!x
@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

The 'plug' which has gone down 'massive' our end.....!x Please make sure he gets to see it....and I sincerely hope he got what he was 'canvassing' on!x I did say we is gonna take it 'International'......din't say when...or via wot medium......job done!!hehe!x

http://youtu.be/DMahs8FmJPs?list=UUzdEGZLeRkfvIw3TDiAnhKw

..and the full Monty....X

http://youtu.be/e0wEhzDBchI?list=UUzdEGZLeRkfvIw3TDiAnhKw

SOOTY

Aug 25, 2014
Fantastic!!x Thanx for the emails and updates on the Councillor Bodfish/ground job....!x Still looking for the fella featured in the pic! I would like to shake his hand!x I have 'managed' my club over the past 14 years from the terraces so to speak. I have removed/installed several Chairmen/Managers and staff to ensure the focus has been 'Community'....fan end. As I said...he'd make my team any day!x I come to Brighton on business regular...and sincerely would like to thank him for his dedication to his club....where required!x he took me by surprise....and it takes a lot to do that! Respect!x

LUV
SOOTY
X

....wotever it takes......!x
@@
~
View attachment 57891

SOOTY

Aug 25, 2014
...and just remembered....this pic I use regular...it was taken in Brighton under the arches....!x Worked with a firm based in Shoreham in the 90's....stayed at Brighton regular and went to many of your games!x Happy days!x
View attachment 57892

LUV
SOOTY
X

SOOTY

Aug 25, 2014
Endorphine Nibble!x In fact I have to stop taking a pill to get high these days! Had a Thyrodectomy op and replaced with Levothyroxine pills! If I don't take em for a couple of days....I can do an all-nighter as if on whizz...naturally!!x Didn't have it when doing all-nighters DJing around the Nation during the 90's...sadly!! Glue Dear Nibble is too harsh a substance to have endured to get 'the hit'...I reckon!x Never done it but tried most things! not one for putting things up...or in anywhere...! How else can I assist the 70+ Charities who deal with all life's excitement as I do without such knowledge...wisdom and experience!x Me Mam threw a durex on me bed aged 16 and said 'Now ure old enuff make sure u use one'....aaaand.....'I don;t care wot u do in yer life but don;t get involved in drugs'! Now...that might have been sound advice coming from most Mams....but....she'd been married 4 times by then...was a Lesbian and been an upmarket Pro since I was 5....oh and none of the 4 'Dads'...where me own!! So Nibble....I did take her advice quite seriously...she knew 'the craic'...init! I didn't touch any substance until I was 30....I was financially...mentally and emotionally free to do so!x I liked your quip in the 'whose givin it laaarge' thread....we'd get on!x
Willing to account for meself friend.....anywhere...anytime.....one can when one is.....free!......frightens most to death I find!!x Your stage.....!x
@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X
...wots ure tipple nibble?!x I ain't drunk alcohol since 1980 either..........honest!x

Last edited:

SOOTY

Aug 25, 2014
Honesty Goldstone....best policy!x Sadly the football world is not exactly the best place to be such...I find!x Am banned at my club for being too honest....honest!x Pleasure meeting you all and reading ure stuff.....and I leave you all with my original....have a super season all!x
LUV
SOOTY
X

...and an extra X for Greg......!X

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Honesty Goldstone....best policy!x Sadly the football world is not exactly the best place to be such...I find!x Am banned at my club for being too honest....honest!x Pleasure meeting you all and reading ure stuff.....and I leave you all with my original....have a super season all!x
LUV
SOOTY
X

...and an extra X for Greg......!X

You're banned at the U's for being too honest? I bet there's a story there. I'll mention you to Dave when next I see him.

Who's Greg, btw...

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Sooty. Please stay on NSC. We need more posters who put kisses after every comment they make. There's too much hate on here.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Where is [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] on this thread? He would love this. He's 90% U and 90% Albion - I know the maths don't work, but I can't describe it any other way.

SOOTY

Aug 25, 2014
You're banned at the U's for being too honest? I bet there's a story there. I'll mention you to Dave when next I see him.

Who's Greg, btw...

Story Goldstone?!!...there's a War & Peace novel 1 part 6 still being written.....!hehe!x

Which Dave my friend?!x DMJ The Fans Chairman...or Dave Doggett...the recent new Chairman? If it's DMJ...he's danced to me tunes for 14 years...as you can see on the below vid!...i;m the DJ!....or he's been irrelevant in the grand scale and is clueless as to how we is still around tbf but is left in situ as there is no one else wanting to take his hallowed position....and I don't do 'committees' and stuff....he'll do!x DD....he'll do too....and you can see my most recent comment to him here....21.10 secs.....!x.....oops...I have sneaked in as the Moose mascot during the banned periods...as u do.....hehe!x

Greg?!...Greg of Brighton who I had an affair with in another thread and we is gonna get married at Wembley.......!!x
@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

Bottom line is.........when you know more than anyone in the club in a position of so called authority and responsibility...don;t go near the ground...yet can make things happen....it affects some. Most no longer grace the Abbey.....and the rest stay outta my way and i leave them to their 4 walls...(EDIT...on Match days)...my choice!x
@@
~

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Story Goldstone?!!...there's a War & Peace novel 1 part 6 still being written.....!hehe!x

Which Dave my friend?!x DMJ The Fans Chairman...or Dave Doggett...the recent new Chairman? If it's DMJ...he's danced to me tunes for 14 years...as you can see on the below vid!...i;m the DJ!....or he's been irrelevant in the grand scale and is clueless as to how we is still around tbf but is left in situ as there is no one else wanting to take his hallowed position....and I don't do 'committees' and stuff....he'll do!x DD....he'll do too....and you can see my most recent comment to him here....21.10 secs.....!x.....oops...I have sneaked in as the Moose mascot during the banned periods...as u do.....hehe!x

Greg?!...Greg of Brighton who I had an affair with in another thread and we is gonna get married at Wembley.......!!x
@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

Bottom line is.........when you know more than anyone in the club in a position of so called authority and responsibility...don;t go near the ground...yet can make things happen....it affects some. Most no longer grace the Abbey.....and the rest stay outta my way and i leave them to their 4 walls...(EDIT...on Match days)...my choice!x
@@
~

I meant DD. I live in Cambridge, you see. I've been to a few games at the Abbey and went to Wembley a few weeks ago to cheer the U's on. I'm very much an occasional, fair weather supporter though - I can't claim to be a fan, as BHA is my team. Still, I'm glad that the U's are back in the league - if we're not playing and there's a game on at the Abbey, I'll be popping down.

If you promise to keep the story to no more than 15 minutes without pausing for breath :)wink:), I'll buy you a pint and have a listen, if you like...

SOOTY

Aug 25, 2014
Thanx for the invite Goldstone...we'd get on mate....I do with anyone whose focus is on the right thing!x I accept your offer of a pint of blackurrant & lemonade as i don;t do alcohol....ain;t since 1980....baaaad drugs for me!!x 15 minutes eh?!....well...when you see DD next.....tell him sincerely....'Sooty understands'....X He will be relieved....kind of guy i am......!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

....word association to explain how i got banned.....
Humanitarian
Philanthropist
heritage defender
5 Chairmen & 4 Manager remover.
4 Chairmen & 3 manager chooser.
principled
confident
knowledge
dynamic
man of the people
lovable rogue
not confused on race issues
not a liar.
Prince Charles
Duke of Westminster
Duke & Duchess of Cambridge
Key to 12,000 new Community Stadium
does wot it says on the tin
for 40 years.
happy!
Excited!!
Can give X's...as one is removed from office.

Word association for the banners...
self centred
failed traffic wardens
Wheeltapper & Shunters
Promote a Ron Atkinson night....yaaaay.
Ban the word 'Sooty' in the stadium cos Murdoch said it wos racist.....hehe. 'We' kicked Murdoch out...for being clueless......init.
Emus
liars....strong language but true!
old boys brigade.
'i've arrived' in a football clubs Directors box syndrome...yaaaawn.
Paranoia
fear
misunderstanding.
knows place.
Rudderless
Groundless
....and to round it off....every single one of em.....COMPROMISED.

knowledge= power Goldstone. It's what one does with that power that counts. I choose to use it to serve 'the people'.....that...has been my only crime.....honest!x Oops....I got caught funding the Fans org wiv smugglers money doing fags from Belgium to the UK!x I had no choice ure Honour....we needed a further 5% shareholding around £150k....to stave off an attempted rape of our land by developers and a crooked Chairman! I was told I had 2 weeks to find the cash....and kiss goodbye to it.....forever!!!! 1 van was caught....I got 300 hours Community service which i luv'd...indeed did 308 hours...8 for free at the end...service completed and legendary status achieved at Cambs Probation Service and among brethren and still sign autographs in Tesco's for that one for the people!!x Oh....the takeover failed....somehow....and we run em out of town. Whistle......whistle.......... .............................. ..........

Dave D has not been involved in all of the above. But....to walk in to 'the mess' as he did.....it was easier to keep me out than deal with the compromised folk among his ranks. Hence...'I understand'. He has tho' failed to deal with it as best possible. That's his doing. I ain;t got time for ditherers.....but....he means well and indeed will do for now. The club itself just needs to pay it's rent. That is all I expect of him and his entourage. He and they can do that...i'm happy. As tenants....they will be provided for. The rest will get taken care of from outside of their domain and tbf...ability. Job done...or perhaps a 'work in progress' heading to a 12,000 Community stadium...is ongoing....but they don;t know the latest on that......those that need too...do.....I reckon!x
@@
~

Disclaimer...I luv Ron...X My point is...they used an excuse of being serious about race issues to ban the name 'Sooty' as they deemed it a racist term....a la Murdoch. Flag of convenience. Then...ironically...the next day....promote a Ron Atkinson night as a fund raiser..........got to larf init!!x Been called a ni**er...w8g...black B throughout me life....and that's just me Muther....but.....never in 50 years has anyone come up to me and called me a 'Sooty'....!!! I'd have pissed meself! When The Sun accused The Prince of being a racist for using the term...I had to defend him....simple as. Sooty...cuddly furry character....lovable rogue...and u will get a pie in the eye if u upset him! Murdoch found that out at the Leverson inquiry!.........init......... ....!x So I changed me name by deed poll so everyone has to deal with it as it should be dealt with....with a smile.Kids have done so for 60+ years.....get on with it. Next?x

ron.jpg

.....and the reeeeal beef among em is.....I'm too well connected......sad....but true. I 'work' with the rich and famous as well as the very rich and anonymous. Ego sh8te......c'est la vie!x I leave em to the Abbey....I have the rest of the world!x With that...off to Menorca for a couple of weeks on business.....and hope you all have a good 'ride' this year....tis wot it's all about!x Brighton.....best place for it!x

Got a music studio as part of me interests....made this 'privately' for the England squad before they left.....they luv'd it....enjoy!!x

....there have been many happy times for the fans tho'....I have made sure of that.....!x
@@
~
rushdenbig.jpg

SOOTY

Aug 25, 2014
Well done on holding ure own yesterday!x DEFINATELY off now....but as a 'thank you' I post these in advance of any other forum b'cos I like u all!x I can't believe there isn't a genuine football fan who can't find summink of interest in the A&B#10 show!x Insight into the Youth transfer...nicking...policy....by anow Head of an FA Dept....Youth!!!hehe!x 13 year old comments about Man U...which today....well....see for yourself!x BUT...before you go find out.....please allow me this quick 'celebration'....!x Turn your speakers up as the sound was a bit iffy............!
@@
~

LUV
SOOTY
X

...and a sincere thank you for the banter...and indeed 'proper' chat i've had in here.....I will pop back!x....ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!x

...got the t shirt......init!!x

t.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here