Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kate Bush - General Excitement Thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The first date of her London residency is tomorrow.

Who's going? When have you got tickets for? What are you expecting?

I'm going on 12 September so any element of surprise will be long gone by then!

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
2 September, so one week into the run. The set/performance/installation/event, whatever it turns out to be, will have been analysed and reported to death. There must have been a dozen articles in the papers over the past few days alone on the divine Kate, her music, her influence etc, not to mention the excellent BBC doc.

What I am expecting is something out of the ordinary. Beyond that, no idea.

Never been so excited about a concert in my life tbh, and I saw my first concert at the Dome in 1971....

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Wish i was going.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Wish we were going. Almost as soon as they were announced, all tickets were snapped up.

I thought i would get a ticket quite easily and so i was shocked how quickly it was sold out.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Did a quick search of the ticket agencies just now - one or two tickets are around but at £100 upwards :(

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No but wish I was.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That documentary t'other night was a timely reminder of how fantastic the singer was and how beautiful some of her back catalogue was. Some of it was grimly naff tho eh (be honest). But the beautiful heavily outweighed the naff so its all good. Would love her to make it through the full series of gigs but sadly see it ending in tears earlydoors.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Did a quick search of the ticket agencies just now - one or two tickets are around but at £100 upwards :(

Bargin: "For many of her fans, a piece of Kate Bush merchandise is the closest they will come to their idol. Her 22 shows at the Hammersmith Apollo, west London, starting this Tuesday and ending on 1 October, sold out in 15 minutes in March. Resale sites are asking for as much as £1,500 a ticket."

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/aug/23/kate-bush-bandwagon-first-gigs-london

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Save yourselves £100 by singing along with this:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
A bit wrinkly and a now grey Bush, perhaps?

Reminds me of that old saying " two in the hand is worth one in Kate Bush"

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Wish I was going. I wonder if the audience will heed her pleas to not film and just watch.

Probably not, there's always the few that will think they're above the rules.

I do wish I was able to go. Both Mrs Grombleton & I are big fans but the tickets were gone before we had the chance.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
That documentary t'other night was a timely reminder of how fantastic the singer was and how beautiful some of her back catalogue was. Some of it was grimly naff tho eh (be honest). But the beautiful heavily outweighed the naff so its all good. Would love her to make it through the full series of gigs but sadly see it ending in tears earlydoors.

I watched that documentary with interest. I never really appreciated how well respected she was by other artists and just how prolific a writer she was at such a young age. I've never been a huge fan but after watching that my admiration for her work has gone up significantly. If you are lucky enough to be going, enjoy!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hope so but I seriously doubt it.

I hope you will be suprised. It will be an older muso crowd so hopefully respectful. I saw PJ Harvey some time ago and she attracts a more mature punter and I did not see a single phone out and the crowd was silent during the more delicate moments.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here