Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo Scratching Out A Living

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Commentating on Forest Green Rovers v The Gas this afternoon (BT Sport), nice local derby for them. 0-0 as we speak. Feel a bit sorry for Rovers, not the best of starts either.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Doing something you love I wouldn't call scratching out a living. As stated, early days in his media career. Exactly the sort if stuff he should be doing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Scratching out a living is a bit harsh. He's getting paid to analyse football matches on TV.

Doesn't sound like a bad job to me. He's hardly going to start his TV career with Premier League matches, is he, as that gig is a closed shop, with admission only by secret ballot: candidates to be members of and voted for by the Society Of Retired Liverpool & Manchester United Players.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Scratching out a living is a bit harsh. He's getting paid to analyse football matches on TV.

Doesn't sound like a bad job to me. He's hardly going to start his TV career with Premier League matches, is he, as that gig is a closed shop, with admission only by secret ballot: candidates to be members of and voted for by the Society Of Retired Liverpool & Manchester United Players.

The chosen ones must be able to SMASH IT!

Adam Virgo is a decent pundit. Plus he's from Patcham, so he's got my vote.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yeah, don't agree with the 'scratching' out bit, they've probably got him involved as he used to play for the Gas, so will try to give some footballing knowledge.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Seem to recall he did a number of Bundesliga and Serie A games for BT Sport towards the end of last season as well. Being paid to fly around Europe, watching and analysing some of the highest quality football on the continent. Yeah, I think I'd be alright with doing that for a living.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Virgs is a very good pundit and commentator IMHO. I see a bright future in this line of business for him. Wish him all the best. Legend.

TNBA

TTF
Exactly. Complete nonsense post by the OP. I will say he is the best pundit we've had in ages. Speaks a lot of sense and isn't afraid to tell it as it is. I couldn't listen to his views all day.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Merson and Le Tiss on Sky for example?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Very, very stupid thread title. He's a great guy and a great pundit and co-commentator.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Agree with most of the above. Poorly researched thread title. Considering his fairly modest playing career he's slotted in extremely well to his media responsibilities. Recall a televised game he covered last season (Hull maybe) where he completely showed the other pundit up. Well researched, articulate and says it how it is. Predict good things for him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here