Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freekick trending

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Why should it be disallowed? I've seen many free kicks where the ball has been scooped up for a volley in front of the takers body , why any difference cause it scooped over his head?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why are there two goalkeepers?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wouldn't that be disallowed?

On what basis? He's only touched it once, and the old rule about the ball having to travel the distance of its circumference was scrapped years ago.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why should it be disallowed? I've seen many free kicks where the ball has been scooped up for a volley in front of the takers body , why any difference cause it scooped over his head?

Where are the examples of these goals scored with the ball scooped up, either in front or over the head?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Without having a look at a very good quality slow-mo, I would guess that at some point the ball would have lost contact with his foot (maybe at the point where he flicks it up?) and so would be two touches of the ball. Glad I'm not the ref there!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
You guess!! Suggests you don't know. Perhaps as they are stand out type of free kicks you could identify some of them. Or maybe you can't because there aren't any.

You want me to spend time trawling the internet for examples cause you can't be bothered? :lolol:

Where's your proof it's never happened then? Go and get some for me.

Not quite the same, but on your search look for Goal of the season 1970.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

It was the Scottish FA - that famously non-reactionary band of innovators - who got the Willie Carr/Ernie Hunt donkey kick banned on the grounds that it was "not a kick in the accepted sense of the word."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here