Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion connections with Swindon over the years.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
templeman.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Yasir Kasim

previously Alan Navarro

Yasir Kasim was, according to the Football League Paper, the man of the match on Saturday. Scored a rather tidy free kick too. Started last season brilliantly for them, before fading a bit, but perhaps he's coming to the fore again.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
If we're talking Albion-Swindon connections, Duncan Shearer's boot connected quite viciously with Nicky Bissett's leg at one point, as I recall, causing it to snap in quite horrific fashion.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Yasir Kasim was, according to the Football League Paper, the man of the match on Saturday. Scored a rather tidy free kick too. Started last season brilliantly for them, before fading a bit, but perhaps he's coming to the fore again.

A Swindon fan mate of mine raves about him all the time, he can't believe we let him go. He HATES Navs though who didn't do too well for them apparently (despite THOSE goals)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Alex Revell played for Swindon on loan from somewhere (Orient?) when we played against them. I remember him & OGH hugging.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Branco or something like that, former DS player

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Peter Downborough, the Swindon keeper who kept goal against Arsenal in the 1969 League Cup Final, had a loan spell with us in the 1970s.

From the glory years, Andy Rollings and Chris Ramsey also played for Town after their time at the Goldstone. Neither was a success. In fact, there's a few memories on various Swindon forums suggesting both were awful.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Danny Wilson managed Swindon, as did Bobby Smith and Ken Beamish, while Gus Poyet was assistant to Dennis Wise there.

I've just noticed Swindon picked up Anton Rodgers on a free over the summer too, after he was binned off by Oldham. Hope he isn't sharing a hotel room with George Barker.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here