Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Are the pies at the stadium too expensive @ £4.10?

Are the pies too expensive?

• Yes, too expensive

Votes: 198 81.1%
  • Just about right price

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Too cheap

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Don't know/don't care

Votes: 15 6.1%

• Total voters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Way to expensive hence normally only have one around once a season

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Probably a bit but you pay over £3 at the local butchers, the last time I had one of them I had an aftertaste of dogfood. I do have one question for you though . . . . Do all Gregs like pies?

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Yep they are too expensive. Although the one I had on Sat was the best tasting one for ages, however and some disagree, imo the amount of filling (meat) has reduced somewhat over the last few years too.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Don't complain about the pies. They are helping us keep within FFP.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I don't think so, similar prices to what you would pay in a pub/cafe in central Brighton. I think the beer prices are OTT though.

I went into Brighton today for a coffee and a panini was priced a 4.50.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
The pies are rubbish now, the first season they were nice, good pastry and plenty of filling, last season and so far this season, they are rank, rock hard pastry and hardly anything in the middle.
The burgers have improved a lot though.
I don't really mind paying over the odds to be honest, it is a football stadium after all, but the product needs to be half decent.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The pies are rubbish now, the first season they were nice, good pastry and plenty of filling, last season and so far this season, they are rank, rock hard pastry and hardly anything in the middle.
I don't really mind paying over the odds to be honest, it is a football stadium after all, but the product needs to be half decent.

You are not allowed to CRITICISE the pies

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
£2 for a Pukka pie in a chip shop in Newhaven, in the 4th season now at the Amex and I have only bought 1 pie, didn't think it was that special.
I'm lucky though as the train journey to the stadium doesn't take long so I eat before I leave home, I can also survive being out of the house for a few hours without stuffing my face:whistle:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Yes. Stopped buying them last season. £3 - £3.50 would acceptable in my eyes, anything more is over the top, even for a football ground

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Not sure what your last comment means, you don't mind paying over the odds as it's a football stadium???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
£2 for a Pukka pie in a chip shop in Newhaven, in the 4th season now at the Amex and I have only bought 1 pie, didn't think it was that special.
I'm lucky though as the train journey to the stadium doesn't take long so I eat before I leave home, I can also survive being out of the house for a few hours without stuffing my face:whistle:

I don't understand this obsession of having to eat at a football match either, they are normally played at the times when I don't eat as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here