NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Very well deserved.

Good luck against the world champions though, Gordon :ohmy:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I keep forgetting to drone on about our centre halfs on Saturday.

When Dunk had his header cleared off the line, the interplay between Dunk and Greer to create another chance was fantastic.
Certainly a level of skill Bolton's defenders were incapable of.
In fairness something seems to have happened to GG's attacking intent, it's gone from nonexistent to 5+ goals this season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The club v country debate was something that rarely affected us, and I never understood why it should ever warrant discussion. Until it came our way.....

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Country every time.

Oh I do agree, but I guess there is that little selfish insular concern for many when one of our international players goes on duty.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh I do agree, but I guess there is that little selfish insular concern for many when one of our international players goes on duty.
I would imagine GG's international call ups have positively effected his game.
Couple that with 'if a centre half can't play for Sami he can't play for anyone', and it would seem Brighton and Gordon have been very fortunate.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Couple that with 'if a centre half can't play for Sami he can't play for anyone', and it would seem Brighton and Gordon have been very fortunate.

I like your perspective. There's no denial on that. He will really benefit from the current set up.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I like your perspective. There's no denial on that. He will really benefit from the current set up.

There are several players who seem to be performing better under Sami - for a start Greer, Dunk, LuaLua, CMS, potentially Agustein, arguably JFC. A big plus sign for the manager.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

Very much agree. I belive that was gus's attitude too. Never stand in the way of someone representing their country and it will benefit the team as aresult. everyone's a winner.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Anyone else noticed how G Greer (Brighton & Hove Albion) is in whilst L Bridcutt (Sunderland) is not. Add to this a certain Buckley played v Man Utd and was replaced late in the game by said Bridcutt, now a mere substitute. Life carries on.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone else noticed how G Greer (Brighton & Hove Albion) is in whilst L Bridcutt (Sunderland) is not. Add to this a certain Buckley played v Man Utd and was replaced late in the game by said Bridcutt, now a mere substitute. Life carries on.

Buckley, I noticed yesterday, is eligible for the Republic of Ireland. Presumably via the usual granny rule.

They're not exactly flush with stars at the moment. If he could maintain even the slightest hint of the form he showed yesterday, and if his fragile hamstrings can take the strain, getting picked for Ireland should be well within his grasp.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Yes I noticed, and was going to stifle a snigger, until I realised I was the only one watching. So I just sat there with a smug look on my face. Although I was a bit cheesed off with Buckleys performance...He looked worth the money :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here