Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
gibbons-250814-l229-1869927_478x359.jpg

Fliss Gibbons
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
11:11 25th August 2014
by James Hilsum
There’s plenty to work and improve on, but ultimately we’ve come away with three points and there a lot of positives as well."
Fliss Gibbons

Fliss Gibbons was delighted to get off to a winning start with Brighton & Hove Albion women, but insists there is still room for improvement.Gibbons netted a brace on her Albion debut against Copsewood including a strike in a dominant first-half display, but the forward admits that the team took their foot off the gas after half-time.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m really happy with the result which was more important than the goals for me.
“Charlotte Gurr got a great shot on goal and the keeper couldn’t do too much about it, so I was just at the right place at the right time.
“The first goal was really important and settled us down a bit. We then got into our stride after that and became more relaxed.
“It was obviously nice to score, but ultimately it’s good for the girls to get off to a good start and get three points on the board.
“We took our foot off the gas a bit in the second-half which we probably shouldn’t have done, but at the end of the day we saw the game through.
“There’s plenty to work and improve on, but ultimately we’ve come away with three points and there a lot of positives as well.”

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Up next for Albion is a League Cup tie against Norwich City at Culver Road next Sunday, a team which are a relative unknown quantity to the squad.“We’re a bit unsure about them really, I’m not sure if many of us have played against them before but we’ve just got to treat it as any other game.
“We only focus on our performance so we’ve got to take the things we didn’t do well in this game and improve on them.
“We need to take all the positives from training, work hard and then hopefully get another three points.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V CHARLTON
[/h]saturday 30TH AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BLACKPOOL
[/h]SATURDAY 20th september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v Cardiff
[/h]tuesDAY 30TH september, kick-off 7.45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here