Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hoskins does finally sign for Oxford United - what potential?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If fit, he'll could be the best striker in the division. I have a hunch though that he'll never be able to regain full fitness or have the pace and dynamism he had before his two career changing injuries with us. Like McCourt, he didn't make the grade at Barnsley, you have to ask yourself why? It's a gamble, but it could pay off big.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Really no idea any more of Will's talent or his potential. I can hardly remember seeing him play.

However no player deserves the kind of luck he's had so I really hope he can get his career on track and hopefully play at a higher level than League 2 one day.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
His finish against Newcastle will be my memory of him. I would discount the Sheff Utd load spell as an indicator as I think he needs a run of games to get back into the groove, something he didn't get at The Blades

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
No player we've let go deserves a bit of luck more than Hoskins, I hope he does well there.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
As long as his leg-bones dinnae crumble, then he should be an asset. Hope he finds his feet and, for all the money made from it, some greater joy in the profession that he and it chose each other for.

scooter1

How soon is now?
That explains it. I think the club were trying to force him out at the time werent they?
Poyet claimed at the time that he was disappointed that Hoskins chose to go out on loan, when he wanted him to fight for his place. However, as before, he should have got fit at the Albion, as opposed to going out, trying to play games and worsening an injury that won't heal itself.
Oxford should be a good move for him. He regain his fitness, game confidence and he'll be back at home with his family

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He's far too good for that shower. Still at least he's earning.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I saw him play so few times, I never had chance to form an opinion on him one way or the other. He had wretched luck with injuries and I hope this can kickstart his career again. Lets hope he can remain injury free. I wouldn't bet my house on it though.........

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here