Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion on Match of The Day

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
Having watched the wonderful look back on "Match of The Day at 50" made me think of some of the best of the Albion on this great British institution. I have three thoughts.

25th March 1972 Home to Aston Villa, won 2-1 Andy Blockhead (great name for a striker) et al playing for Villa, but most of all Willie Irvine scoring that great great goal which I think came second in goal of the season that year,

27th March 1976 Hereford vs Albion. We played in green, but Peter Ward playing in his first match scored after 52 seconds. My first away match. Not a bad one to start with. John Motson got very excited.

18th September 1976 Albion vs York. We won 7-2. Peter Ward scored one of his great goals. Barry Davies certainly thought so.

And they were all on Match of the Day.

EW

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Both victories against Forest in 79/80 were on MOTD. They were pretty special.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Watched from behind the goal in the sound stand...delicious

We were at a wedding all day so missed the match but we sneaked out to go and watch MOD as we only lived 10 minutes away.
When we got back to the wedding bash we thought nobody had noticed, but we'd been sussed and people were all telling us "we know where you went, and why".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here