Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest rip-offs in Britain..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Has to be peak time trains into London, £60 for 42 mins of standing from my area. Must be most pricey on the planet and going up too!!

And business rates, a complete joke of a tax and they don't even empty your bins.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Council tax in Turkey it's about £80 per year

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Petrol, anywhere in Mid Sussex. We have to pay around 5p a litre more than residents of Brighton or Crawley. I mean, what the absolute f..k is that for? Robbing *******s at the petrol companies :angry:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Petrol, anywhere in Mid Sussex. We have to pay around 5p a litre more than residents of Brighton or Crawley. I mean, what the absolute f..k is that for? Robbing *******s at the petrol companies :angry:

Is that not the same as anything regarding supply and demand though.

Summer holidays
Train fares to London
A pie at the Amex

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is that not the same as anything regarding supply and demand though.

Summer holidays
Train fares to London
A pie at the Amex

My point is that I live about 8 or 9 miles from Brighton, and yet I have to pay 5p more per litre of fuel than someone who lives in the city. I'm not talking about pokey rural petrol stations: I mean the likes of BP, Shell & the supermarkets. Fuel costs more at the bloody Tesco in Burgess Hill than it does at the petrol station by the Mill Road roundabout in Brighton. That one was always pricey as it's the nearest to the A23 & A27, so was pretty much motorway service station prices. But even then, it's still cheaper than anywhere in Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, or any other town or village in that area. Some robbing shit at BP decides that because I live in Mid Sussex, I deserve to pay significantly more for petrol. Nice one :tosser:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
My point is that I live about 8 or 9 miles from Brighton, and yet I have to pay 5p more per litre of fuel than someone who lives in the city. I'm not talking about pokey rural petrol stations: I mean the likes of BP, Shell & the supermarkets. Fuel costs more at the bloody Tesco in Burgess Hill than it does at the petrol station by the Mill Road roundabout in Brighton. That one was always pricey as it's the nearest to the A23 & A27, so was pretty much motorway service station prices. But even then, it's still cheaper than anywhere in Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, or any other town or village in that area. Some robbing shit at BP decides that because I live in Mid Sussex, I deserve to pay significantly more for petrol. Nice one :tosser:

My point still stands http://www.caltex.com/global/resources/determining-fuel-prices/

The same reason why gas and electric prices differ from area to area depending on supplier and their respective host area.

It's cost times supply times demand times margin

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Soft drinks in pubs or restaurants. Bottled water in particular is more expensive per litre than diesel.

I'm not suggesting you drink diesel instead: it was merely a frame of reference :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Any drink or snack product in a motorway service station.

The pinnacle of that was the £1.89 ticket I saw at Cobham Services on a single 1" square of millionaire's shortbread in the Costa Coffee.

You could buy an entire slab of the stuff in Tesco for less than that.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
In no particular order

Electronic Goods
Train Fares
Air Fares
Petrol
Fags
Tickets to sports events
Death Tax
Utilities
New Cars
Prostitutes
Spam and Corned Beef
Hotels
Clothes

Indy

Apr 19, 2012
Bogus special offers, sainsburys have two tubes of Pringles for £4 but who in their right mind would pay £2 for one tube. It is just a con, but one that many will fall for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here