Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you done the ice bucket yet?

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I'm doing it tomorrow.

Do you get the feeling some people are having nice warm buckets of water chucked over them?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Tommorrow is my day

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought that too. Me and my lad both got nominated yesterday so we did it this morning. Two buckets of cold water, large jug of ice in each one, threw in all our cool box ice pack thingies and left it for 10 mins, then did the thing. Shockingly cold !

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just, why?

The original what colour is your bra strap to raise awareness was a total farce. Everyone knows about breast cancer. That undermined assured efforts to spread the word. People felt they were doing something, but they achieved bugger all.

Gradually, these trends have picked up pace and do a bit of good. The adult version of getting a sticker.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If I want to donate to charity I will do it without some pathetic show-off me! me! me! gesture.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a further development of social media. I'm sure its a good cause but as it is a bit quirky it spreads on social media like an electronic 'flu. Its along the same lines as " This Dog/ Horse/Cat /Mum/Dad was just Sitting/Walking/Swimming/Reading etc. and this truly Awesome/Unbelievable/Amazing/ Heartbreaking thing Happened " ... it just gets everywhere.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I can't see the problem with it. Gets people talking and raises awareness....i'd never heard of ALS.

Better £3 spent than the endless 'just giving' forms circulating the office to sponsor someone's walk around the local park.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
It's pretty hilarious watching your colleagues having buckets of ice poured over them too....I've had so many laughs today watching the footage. win/win.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If I want to donate to charity I will do it without some pathetic show-off me! me! me! gesture.

Hiya Cheshire. I know you have been posting on this site for some time now, 8 years.

Do you actually support the Albion? You location is slightly confusing. I have never heard you comment on a match.

Edit: which is not a problem. Pretty Pink Das never has..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here