Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rosberg admits he drove into Hamilton on purpose

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
In which cars SURELY the points he gained in the race have to be removed???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If proven, he should be banned for the rest of the season, if not longer.

One race ban at least and removal of today's points would seem reasonable. Not gonna happen though is it?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Also moaning that the obviously British fans were booing him :lol:

According to Hamilton Rosberg did it to prove a point

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Have you noticed how German drivers are not very likeable? Maybe it's just a British thing :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
deja vu - schumacher and hill

Very much. It is quite amazing that Rosberg can say this and it is confirmed by the team yet there is no action. If I go in to work tomorrow and slap someone and admit doing it deliberately I would be sacked immediately. Sport is often so amoral.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Very much. It is quite amazing that Rosberg can say this and it is confirmed by the team yet there is no action. If I go in to work tomorrow and slap someone and admit doing it deliberately I would be sacked immediately. Sport is often so amoral.

Give them a chance. I understand Wolfy ain't happy at with Nico

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Give them a chance. I understand Wolfy ain't happy at with Nico

Exactly. Would have thought appropriate penalty for Rosberg would be for the team to give his drive to a test driver for the next two grand prix thereby giving Hamilton a chance to recoup the lost ground and still giving the team of the chance of picking up points with both cars for the manufacturers title.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Exactly. Would have thought appropriate penalty for Rosberg would be for the team to give his drive to a test driver for the next two grand prix thereby giving Hamilton a chance to recoup the lost ground and still giving the team of the chance of picking up points with both cars for the manufacturers title.

As much as that would be nice for Lewis, it's a team game. There is no way they would go that far. It will be interesting what they will decide on though

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As much as that would be nice for Lewis, it's a team game. There is no way they would go that far. It will be interesting what they will decide on though

I'll go for NOTHING.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Having just viewed the highlights of todays GP and what at first glance have been a 'racing incident' it now seems incredibly rash of Rosberg to have wrecked Mercedes dominance on only the 2nd lap of a long race, blow a possible win for himself and quite probably a 1-2 result for the team, which of course, still only benefits himself.

I dare say that Rosberg has received a mild bollocking from his team but he has conveniently extended his lead in the drivers championship so hey ho, Mercedes are way ahead in the constructors championship, so the only real loser today is Hamilton.

Now Rosberg has supposedly admitted driving into Hamilton it will be interesting to see if any sanction is applied. Secondly I sense that Rosberg is trying to play the hardman and supplant his baby faced image. I think Rosberg also knows that he can get under Hamilton's skin and I hope Lewis will learn to be a bit more hard nosed rather than bleat too much in the media, let his driving do the talking and let Rosberg paint himself into a corner.

Finally if Hamilton makes contact with Rosberg at a forthcoming GP (even accidentally) I wonder if he will receive the same leniency?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'll go for NOTHING.

You are probably right, after all Mercedes is a German team, it probably goes well for them that their German driver wins rather than the aushlander Hamilton.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Isnt Rosberg German as is Mercedes if so that wont happen

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Rosberg is a big sh!t. A real James Hunt if ever there was one. Mercedes should sack him, though that wouldn't and won't happen because he is German and they are too. Very easy to understand that one and in all reality Hamilton should never have expected anything else when he joined them. I like the lad Riciardo though, he looks like a future World Champ.

TNBA

TTF

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's very easy to join a side. Ultimately a racing incident. However Mercedes have lost the chance of a 1-2 and the millions that come from a Grand Prix win which Nico should be made to answer for.

If they had both pushed for the first 5 laps and opened a gap from the rest of the field then an easy win for the team was on the cards

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here