Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Ok, it has never been done before but on the evidence of today and of that media clip from earlier in the week, I think that the club should sue Buckley for breach of contract!

Very tenuous perhaps but when I have paid for my season ticket and that disgrace then admits to not trying, he owes me!

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Ok, it has never been done before but on the evidence of today and of that media clip from earlier in the week, I think that the club should sue Buckley for breach of contract!

Very tenuous perhaps but when I have paid for my season ticket and that disgrace then admits to not trying, he owes me!

This raises an interesting point doesn't it.
Under any standard contract of employment you have an implied duty to your employer, Buckley virtually admitting he did not overly try would potentially mean he failed in his duty.

In the case of Poyet I wonder if in his contract was a clause as would be in most standard employment contract that preclude an ex employee from trying to solicit employees from his previous employ. ie Poyet would then not to be able try and tempt Albion players to join him at Sunderland. I bet though in the crazy world that is football these terms and conditions don't apply, but would be interesting if they did.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Showing exactly where he should be in the premier league here - skinning people down his wing and some great crosses
Hopefully it will only be for the one season.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Showing exactly where he should be in the premier league here - skinning people down his wing and some great crosses

Your gloating, Sunderland-related posts are REALLY tedious.

Buckley will blow hot and cold in the Premiership, much like he did for us. Let's not suddenly pretend that he's become a world beater overnight.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Under any standard contract of employment you have an implied duty to your employer, Buckley virtually admitting he did not overly try would potentially mean he failed in his duty.

In the case of Poyet I wonder if in his contract was a clause as would be in most standard employment contract that preclude an ex employee from trying to solicit employees from his previous employ. ie Poyet would then not to be able try and tempt Albion players to join him at Sunderland. I bet though in the crazy world that is football these terms and conditions don't apply, but would be interesting if they did.

Except he didn't say he didn't try. Quite the opposite. He said he did try, but found it difficult because the interest from sunderland/opportunity to play in the premier was in the back of his mind.

Entirely reasonable.

It's just there are some overly sensitive Brighton fans has interpreted this as "I totally did them over, took all their money and did my best to never touch the ball ever again. Suckers. Mwuah hahahahah!!!" (And some fans who probably didn't even bother to read what he said for themselves and have just taken other people's silly reaction as somehow appropriate.

If the club were stupid enough to try to sue him, they would be laughed out of court.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...nderland_s_interest_distracted_him_at_Albion/

albionite

May 20, 2009
Why are people surprised he was tapped along with bridcutt when gus wanted out. One of the reason why gus was sacked. Buckley has wanted to move for a year now not just from January

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Except he didn't say he didn't try. Quite the opposite. He said he did try, but found it difficult because the interest from sunderland/opportunity to play in the premier was in the back of his mind.

Entirely reasonable.

It's just there are some overly sensitive Brighton fans has interpreted this as "I totally did them over, took all their money and did my best to never touch the ball ever again. Suckers. Mwuah hahahahah!!!" (And some fans who probably didn't even bother to read what he said for themselves and have just taken other people's silly reaction as somehow appropriate.

If the club were stupid enough to try to sue him, they would be laughed out of court.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...nderland_s_interest_distracted_him_at_Albion/

I'm not for one moment suggesting he should be taken to court or even saying we would even have the slightest genuine case. I was merely posing a theoretical question as to how or even if football contract do or don't compare to those in the world that we all live and work in.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He does do that, about 3 games a season. The other 30+ he'll be injured, playing lazily or not getting any joy against the full backs so will pretend he's injured to get substituted.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Entirely reasonable.

The biggest question would be whether he exaggerated his injury. Obviously anyone who has a history with injuries is cheaper in the market and a club would be more likely to feel like letting them go asap, and the other side is did he spend most of the season wrapping himself up in cotton wool making sure he is fit when he moves.

I don't personally care either way though, just interested.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Entirely reasonable.

A blind man saw quite easily that he stopped trying around January.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

That would be a very strange clause to have. The club must have known Gus would come in for Bridcutt and Buckley, and if we were going to have to sell them at some point then why would we make it difficult to sell them to someone who was likely to pay more than anyone else?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here