Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley in the starting line up today if interested.

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

In case anyone is interested, Buckley is in the starting line up today, Bridcutt on the bench. Be interested to see how they both get on and whether they are too Premier League standard.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One of 2 things will happen.

He'll either prove himself to be worth considerably more than £2.5m.
Or he'll make a knackered pit pony look like Pele.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is Upson injured at present as he did not make the bench for Leicester

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
One of 2 things will happen.

He'll either prove himself to be worth considerably more than £2.5m.
Or he'll make a knackered pit pony look like Pele.

As much as I'd quite like to watch him crash and burn after his admission that he didn't really give a shit last year, it so happens that (like with Leo and Liam) we have certain add-ons that will financially benefit if he does well.
So, in two minds about it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He''l look great for a couple of minutes. Then sit on the ground, go off, then declare himself fit for the next game.

Waste of air.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Couldn't give a toss. The last thing I want to do us watch Poyet's Sunderland and any of our former players playing in another team's shirt.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Buckley in the starting line up today if interested.
No change there. If he had shown any f*****g interest when he was here, he may have made our starting line up as well

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Hopefully he will pull his hamstrings in the first ten minutes and be out for most of the season. Then someone else can pay his wages for doing sod all. Although I suspect all his little injuries will suddenly clear up and he will be pretty decent for them.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I doesn't seem a vendetta in me lives long. Even though his heart was transplanted into another, generally uglier, body, memories of it beating in our direction still stir romantic thoughts of him inside me. I hope he does well, undermining Man Utd's season again until they have to fork out £100m to make it to an improved on last season 6th.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Couldn't give a toss. The last thing I want to do us watch Poyet's Sunderland and any of our former players playing in another team's shirt.

If you truly didn't you wouldn't have posted on this thread.

You cannot deny that it is interesting no matter what side of the fence your opinion sits.

If Buckley flops and hamstrings break I will probably snigger to myself, but if he does well I will think fair play to him. Either way it makes the Premiership more interesting seeing how our old players perform in it.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Already showed a real lack of pace when trying to get to a loose ball. It's hard to wish either him and Bridcutt well after they both acted like complete twats at the end of their time here. They've also not bothered to say anything positive about us since they left unlike some of our ex players.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
"I tried to carry on as though I was going to be at Brighton for a long time, because I was under contract, but when clubs come in for you – especially from the Premier League – you do get a bit distracted, so it probably was at the back of my mind for the last part of last season​

Hang him!

:facepalm:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If you truly didn't you wouldn't have posted on this thread.

You cannot deny that it is interesting no matter what side of the fence your opinion sits.

If Buckley flops and hamstrings break I will probably snigger to myself, but if he does well I will think fair play to him. Either way it makes the Premiership more interesting seeing how our old players perform in it.

I'm probably in the minority that find it hard to watch players/managers that have effectively 'left BHA behind.' I haven't seen Bridcutt or Buckley in a Sunderland shirt and have managed to completely avoid Sunderland on MOTD since Poyet went there (not that I had much interest in them before he went there).

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Sunderland 0 - 1 Manchester United

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here