Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, how many of these signings did we see coming?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Stockdale
Toko
Holla
Tex on loan
Bennett on loan
Colunga
Hughes
McCourt
O'Grady

Have I missed any?

I can't honestly remember being so in the dark in recent years about singings until maybe the last minute.

Well done to the club for pulling off some great signing in the last week or so and shutting up the Moist Mattress Brigade

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
To be fair I think almost all of them popped up as rumours on here at least a few days before they happened. Tex & Toko maybe exceptions.

But agreed, fair play to Burke and co for what has been the betters transfer windows in recent times.

Colunga? Holla? They seemed to spring out of nowhere

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I actually prefer it this way, it's like opening Christmas presents and getting excited because you know they are yours...rather than hoping and asking for something and not getting it.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I think the club have played a blinder in the midst of some fans insisting that we are now resorting to panic buying.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We have come out of this smelling of roses but it does still ask the question of why we even played ball with Clayton and Ward when the loans and free's appear to be a lot better than the ones we were going to purchase.

I have no doubt that they are working really hard but the failure to get their targets has fortunately worked in our favour, because apart from getting better players in, we have probably saved a couple of million, through players letting them down.

Maybe the best way is to make one offer to a potential player, and give them a set time period to agree or we withdraw from the deal. Or just stick primarilly to the Loans and Free market.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
We have come out of this smelling of roses but it does still ask the question of why we even played ball with Clayton and Ward when the loans and free's appear to be a lot better than the ones we were going to purchase.

I have no doubt that they are working really hard but the failure to get their targets has fortunately worked in our favour, because apart from getting better players in, we have probably saved a couple of million, through players letting them down.

Maybe the best way is to make one offer to a potential player, and give them a set time period to agree or we withdraw from the deal. Or just stick primarilly to the Loans and Free market.

I would assume things are more complicated than that.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think it's easy to say we saw them coming if we allow "see them coming" to include that late period where deals are being struck and medicals taken etc. It's a lot harder to keep those secret.

If we say how many of them did we know we were monitoring/scouting before we had a bid accepted and I think it would be a lot fewer. Of course one or two people with well placed sources may have known more, but generally, speaking of the fan base as a whole, it would be a rather low number.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I think it's easy to say we saw them coming if we allow "see them coming" to include that late period where deals are being struck and medicals taken etc. It's a lot harder to keep those secret.

If we say how many of them did we know we were monitoring/scouting before we had a bid accepted and I think it would be a lot fewer. Of course one or two people with well placed sources may have known more, but generally, speaking of the fan base as a whole, it would be a rather low number.

Yep. That's fair enough. Just think we have been more in the dark than previous seasons for sure.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Hang on, I thought this place was full of people in the know with cast iron sources?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
This is not the way forward. The quality of the targets is irrelevant.

I want panic-stricken, ill-considered, reflexive spending of sums we may not actually have, dammit!
It's my due and birthright as an Albion supporter.

:tantrum:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Isn't NSC targets they failed to get rather than their targets ? We mostly have no clue who their targets were.....the vast majority of ITK comments were nothing of the sort.....anyway, grand job by all those concerned IMHO.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here