Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Screen Shot 2014-08-24 at 13.20.06.png

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He definitely was for the Teixeira goal, and he stuck a foot out to get a touch on it. Lucky he didn't make contact.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I said straight away he was offside and having since seen the highlights I believe he was.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Looking at that image I would say no. I would argue that it is a fraction of a second after the ball has been kicked (it has travelled away from Calderon) which means CMS is fractionally forward of where he was when the ball was kicked, and that maybe the defenders have stepped out a fraction more.

I would also point to where Calderon's right foot is planted, as an indicator of where the ball was when it was kicked, and how far that foot is from the different shade of green in the grass. That change in green seems in line with the edge of the box. Then look at where CMS is a fraction of a second after the ball is kicked.

I would say it was pretty much inch perfect to just be level, and thus, on side.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Very, very close. I'll have to take a look at the highlights before making my mind up. My immediate thought at the match was that he was off.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
do I care
did he score
are the batteries a tight fit
get in you little beauty

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Looking at that image I would say no. I would argue that it is a fraction of a second after the ball has been kicked (it has travelled away from Calderon) which means CMS is fractionally forward of where he was when the ball was kicked, and that maybe the defenders have stepped out a fraction more.

I would also point to where Calderon's right foot is planted, as an indicator of where the ball was when it was kicked, and how far that foot is from the different shade of green in the grass. That change in green seems in line with the edge of the box. Then look at where CMS is a fraction of a second after the ball is kicked.

I would say it was pretty much inch perfect to just be level, and thus, on side.

This. A brilliantly timed run.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
From where I was sitting*, it was DEFINITELY on side. No question.

*in Japan, listening on the radio

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Yup, agree with that. In that pic he is no more than a foot behind the last defender, so was almost certainly level when Calde kicked it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If you rewind to the last moment where the ball and caldes feet make contact, Craig was actually still in his car on the way to the game.

:rave:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ha! I had a go too.
Tricky to get a screenshot when Calde releases the ball but i reckon...Level with the last defender...

offside.jpg

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I don't care it was given. The thing to highlight is that this was the one and only time he ran in from the far post. His runs to the front post rarely score. I pointed it out many times at the game and someone needs to tell cms or SH that he needs to vary his runs more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here