Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Offer to NSC & Albion fans from Bagelman

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Hi All,

Thank you for your response to our poll and for showing your most desired outcome to be a 20% donation to REMF.

As I've said before I am well versed in and a long time poster on NSC so I will try to answer any of the issues raised in our survey by outlining this offer as clearly as possible, I know NSC can be ever so forgiving to any posters who aren't quite clear and I'm sure we're no exception!

The aim of this offer, which is exclusive to posters on NSC and Albion fans, is to raise a few quid for REMF whilst creating more awareness of our Bagelman store at Brighton Station. If this proves a success then going forward we hope to do similar deals for AITC, The Chestnut Tree House Children's Hospice and other worthy charities & organisations.

As this store has only just opened and we're not a large corporation we are trying to be as generous as we can but must state that this offer cannot be used with any of the other offers we currently have.

So, any Albion fan buying a bagel at Brighton Station Bagelman between Tue 26th Aug and Sat 30th Aug '14, inclusive, will have 20% of the purchased price of that product donated to REMF. To offer complete transparency we're going to keep a running total on a board in store. This offer is for filled bagel purchases only. Your season ticket, match ticket, Albion shirt etc will serve as proof of entitlement.

We’ll post the total amount raised here on Mon 1 Sep ’14.

We hope you like this offer and our great bagels?

From all at Bagelman

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Are you sure you've timed this well? Lots of people get paid at the end of the month. You're better off running this the first week in September, IMHO.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Surely it would be enough to just state you are a fan or NSC poster to have the 20% donated. It's not as if anyone is going to try an 'Arfur Daley' just to get a discount for charity is it ? ???

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Your season ticket, match ticket, Albion shirt etc will serve as proof of entitlement.

Proof of entitlement? Don't think you have thought this through.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've just read it through. There is no discount for customers?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I have been into Bagelman in Brighton station three times in the last fortnight and you haven't any salt beef left. Why don't you stock enough of it? It's supposed to be your flagship store.

I don't get this 'proof of entitlement' stipulation either....

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'm guessing that none of you voted on the original poll where the OP offered a variety of "incentives" (including customer discounts). Apparently the most popular outcome (as voted by NSC users who voted) was a 20% contribution to REMF. :shrug:

No, I was probably away from NSC that week.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Are you sure you've timed this well? Lots of people get paid at the end of the month. You're better off running this the first week in September, IMHO.
Not to sound funny , but will people seriously be concerned if it was pay day or near pay day when buying a bagel. Its not as though its a new item of clothing or a match ticket or night out etc

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Good offer, and a good bit of publicity. Clever people will note a 20% discount offer to anyone showing a valid bus or train ticket as advertised in the Brighton buses.
I use the Ship St shop regularly.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Really nice idea, and to all of you who scoff, this was the most desired option in last weeks poll.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Then hopefully you voted that way, however more people voted in favour of the REMF option. Such is democracy.

Do you like your name on the cheque so you can feel like the big man?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Yeah close enough. I donate to multiple charities each month and would always prefer my name on the cheque to 'Bagelman' or any other company looking for cheap advertising.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Yeah close enough. I donate to multiple charities each month and would always prefer my name on the cheque to 'Bagelman' or any other company looking for cheap advertising.

I have to agree with you on this. I tend to be a bit cynical about these ploys. I don't think Bagelman has been very subtle about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here