Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HYYPIA: GOOD START FOR THE BOYS

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Sami Hyypia was delighted with two of his Amex debutants and praised them for the role they played in yesterday's 2-1 win over Bolton Wanderers.Joe Bennett made his first appearance in an Albion shirt, after his arrival on loan from Aston Villa, while Joao Teixeira made it two goals in two games on his home bow.
Hyypia said, "It’s not easy to jump in and play, but I thought Joe did very well. I know that he can do better when he comes into the system more and I expect him to do well.
"When Adam Chicksen came on he also did well, and I would like to have two players in every position. When we have injuries the other one can step in, and I like to rotate.
"Nobody can play all the games at a high level, especially when we have Saturday-Tuesday matches. I would like to be in a position where I can rotate the players. That way everyone also stays fresh."
Bennett went off with a minor calf problem, but not before Teixeira had given Albion the lead in the second half - and Hyypia says he has been impressed with the attitude of the on-loan Liverpool playmaker.

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

"He’s good on the ball, a good football player, an intelligent player that can score goals. I hope he takes the advantage to play for us, normally loan deals work both ways that we give him
the opportunity to play at this level."I think our style of play suits him as well. From our point of view we can have a very good player on our side. He has a good mentality, is training well and we can push him to improve himself.
"We need quality from the other players so that we can get him on the ball in dangerous areas and he can score goals. I think when we can get him on the ball around the box and he will be dangerous there."
Hyypia was disappointed with the goal Albion conceded, as Matt Mills headed in Jay Spearing's free kick, and had flagged Bolton's goal threat from set pieces - and says it's an aspect of play he wants to improve.
"Sometimes you accept that set-pieces are very hard to defend and we knew they had a number of good players from set-pieces. We have been defending set-pieces quite well until now but that can happen.
"They have good players in the air and when the ball is delivered well, we knew Bolton could be dangerous from set-pieces, but [that aside] I'm delighted we stuck to the game plan and that got us to victory.
"It's part of the game: we have to be dangerous in our set-pieces and defend as well as we can against theirs. It’s pity they scored that way."
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h] [h=3]ALBION V CHARLTON
[/h] saturday 30TH AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BLACKPOOL
[/h] SATURDAY 20th september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v Cardiff
[/h] tuesDAY 30TH september, kick-off 7.45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here