Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suggestion to bring new fans to the club / fill seats

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Based on the official capacity of the Amex and the official attendance yesterday, the club missed out on getting 6315 additional people in to the stadium (the club reports attendance as tickets sold, not actual attendance).

Just a few ideas on what the club could do to fill those seats, on the basis that anyone who buys a match day ticket could be a regular punter in the future and therefore could assist the ongoing operation of the club:

Kids tickets for £1
Tickets for women £1
Tickets for students £1

These could run as promotions, say one of these ideas every other home game. It would fill seats and draw new fans to the club who might become regulars in the future. Plus they would spend money at the ground on food, drink and merchandise. Those with £1 tickets (e.g. kids and women) may well come along with someone who pays full price for a ticket (£ for the club).

The club could also engage with local schools and give out say 500 tickets a match free to schools for kids to take a trip to the Amex.

It seems like a no brainer win win for the club. I’m sure others will have reasons to shoot these ideas down but I think looking at the bigger picture, the future of the club would really benefit from getting as many people (and new fans) in to every game.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
So what do you say to the thousands of kids, women and students who already have STs at far greater than a £1 ??!!!

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
An alternative would be to continue playing in the way that we did yesterday all season, move up the table and check attendances on non bank holiday weekends.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'd imagine we'll see it rise by a couple of thousand anyway, once school holidays are over, a new *striker* is signed and people see we are winning again.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The trouble with promotions like that is that you run the risk of breeding dissatisfaction with current season ticket holders. For instance I go with my two boys in the family stand. If their tickets could have been bought at a further discount, then it may well not be worth continuing buying a season ticket as inevitably I miss a couple of matches each season due to being away. The club benefits from the definite income a season ticket brings.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Tickets for women £1? I'd like to read the justification for me having to pay 30x as much as a woman of the same age and employment prospects.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Appreciate this could piss off season ticket holders, maybe it would have to be less regular- say each of the offers twice a season.

The women idea is a bit cheeky, but I went to Sporting Lisbon once and they were doing it, and it does draw in new people to the stadium who may come back and buy a full price ticket in the future.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Get past Swindon and draw a top 6 pl side at home and it will be a sell out. Bolton are not a big draw on a bank holiday weekend but a few more wins and displays as yesterday then the attendance's will move upwards.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Based on the official capacity of the Amex and the official attendance yesterday, the club missed out on getting 6315 additional people in to the stadium (the club reports attendance as tickets sold, not actual attendance).

Just a few ideas on what the club could do to fill those seats, on the basis that anyone who buys a match day ticket could be a regular punter in the future and therefore could assist the ongoing operation of the club:

Kids tickets for £1
Tickets for women £1
Tickets for students £1

These could run as promotions, say one of these ideas every other home game. It would fill seats and draw new fans to the club who might become regulars in the future. Plus they would spend money at the ground on food, drink and merchandise. Those with £1 tickets (e.g. kids and women) may well come along with someone who pays full price for a ticket (£ for the club).

The club could also engage with local schools and give out say 500 tickets a match free to schools for kids to take a trip to the Amex.

It seems like a no brainer win win for the club. I’m sure others will have reasons to shoot these ideas down but I think looking at the bigger picture, the future of the club would really benefit from getting as many people (and new fans) in to every game.

Can't believe you beat me to a thread on the same topic! Fair play though!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
£1 tickets for homosexuals too, although you will have to prove it. £2 for people with schizophrenia- because you'll both need one.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Kids tickets for £1
Tickets for women £1
Tickets for students £1

Its not a no brainer as st holders would get seriously pissed off...Instead of giving discounts to others..the club should consider reducing ticket prices full stop.Lets not forget we had sold the same tickets for yesterday's game as we did for the Sheff wednesday game..It literally was because its a bankholiday weekend with many no shows and nothing else,looks bad because of the low away following.

The attendances will defo pick up like most clubs,so all this dramatising about low crowds is nothing but that!

Come next week it will be around 27k again or maybe more who knows :)

Most of us predicted lower crowds this season anyway,so a 25k average would still be fantastic even though we'll average 26500 me thinks,no shows are irrelevant as us southerners have to work around work and many other things,ST's give you a choice and they work out cheaper wether you go or not.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
after having three very loud, 'challenged' women behind me rabbit on constantly for 90mins about every available subject under the sun, except the football at break neck speed, i am against this idea, i think we should charge them £50, thank you

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
£1 tickets for homosexuals too, although you will have to prove it. £2 for people with schizophrenia- because you'll both need one.

Great idea.
The club needs to attract the Brighton gay community to the Amex to fill up those seats in the south east corner next to the away fans. How could the club achieve this? over to NSC.

Firstly, fly the flag, loud and proud over the Amex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here