Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guy Butters - Rubbish as a 1901 host!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
First time in the 1901 yesterday and the host was Guy Butters. Was expecting an afternoon filled with entertaining , knowlegable and genuinely funny banter from a down to earth ex pro. However Guy spent most of the time chatting with short fat bald bloke and his invisible friend. Bloke claimed to be a journalist and kept asking Guy to take a look at his column.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Was Malcolm with this fat bald bloke ?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Guy rushed into our lounge, said "Sorry I'm late - we're short staffed today and I've got 6 lounges to look after", read the team sheets and (almost literally) ran out.

Not very impressive; but not his fault. It does seem that the hosts focus on the platinum lounges, doing the Gold ones only if they have time. Seems fair enough, I guess, but the club should really staff it appropriately, or remove the hosts from the Gold lounges if they can't.

Not a big deal, ofc...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought Guy did a great job by talking for a full two hours to the dull bald bloke who had been annoying everyone else in the lounge by showing them his photographs of his house in Hove.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Guy rushed into our lounge, said "Sorry I'm late - we're short staffed today and I've got 6 lounges to look after", read the team sheets and (almost literally) ran out.

Not very impressive; but not his fault. It does seem that the hosts focus on the platinum lounges, doing the Gold ones only if they have time. Seems fair enough, I guess, but the club should really staff it appropriately, or remove the hosts from the Gold lounges if they can't.

Not a big deal, ofc...

I'm calling you on that...Guy Butters RUNNING? I don't think so.

Also, he spent over an hour talking about Caffeine shampoo with HB&B

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm calling you on that...Guy Butters RUNNING? I don't think so.

Also, he spent over an hour talking about Caffeine shampoo with HB&B

It's a fair cop. I could try to wiggle out of my exaggeration by focusing on the fact that I said "almost literally", but that, I think we both know, would be childish and petulant.

Would you accept, instead of "running", "left as fast as he was capable of"?

:thumbsup:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I noticed that. Strangely spent the entire afternoon trying to convince Guy that he's Hove born and bred

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here