Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
mackail-smith-230814-ld229-1861816_478x359.jpg

Craig Mackail-Smith
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
08:00 24th August 2014
by Mollie Bennett
It suits me perfectly and it’s what I've been waiting for, for the previous three years."
Craig Mackail-Smith

Craig Mackail-Smith has told seagulls.co.uk he is thriving under the new system Sami Hyypia has brought to Brighton & Hove Albion.
The Albion striker said, "The system is great. The gaffer wants me to stretch the game and allow the ball players to get in there and find my runs."It works towards my strengths and I feel like I'm coming more into my own throughout the games.
"It suits me perfectly and it’s what I've been waiting for, for the previous three years.
"It’s nice to get back on the score sheet and it's a good building block for the next few games. I'm just going to keep working hard and pushing the gaffer to make sure I start every week.
"I'm getting closer to full fitness and with my sharpness I'm getting there, but I think I still need two or three more games to reach my peak again.
Mackail-Smith made it two goals in two games at the Amex, when he levelled the scores in the 2-1 win.

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

*"It was massive to build on Leeds as we didn't want to lose that momentum. It’s another stepping stone to how we want to be playing.
"I want to be scoring week in, week out and pushing to be the main striker every week and to do that I need to be scoring goals.
"Calde put a fantastic ball in and that’s what I thrive off, balls in and around the six yard box are where I come alive. It was nice to get once of them, it’s been a long time since I’ve finished one of them off.He also revealed that the new additions have helped gel the squad together and make the system click.
"We were lacking a few players at the start and I don't think we quite got the system the gaffer wanted us to play [in the first two game]. Now he’s brought in a couple of additions and I think we've picked it up.
"We've got a lot of players who are confident, pass it and aren't afraid of making a mistake and I think it shows. When we went 1-0 down, we still got on the ball and passed it around.
"We showed character to come from behind and we've got a lot of confidence and belief in each other.
"We have struggled since I've come here to come back from losing positions so it's a great confidence boost for all the boys knowing that we can do that now.
Meanwhile, Mackail-Smith has set his targets high and is aiming for 30 goals this season.
"Why not? I've got one today and there’s a long way to go. It's a long season but if we keep creating chances and I keep putting them away, there's a good chance I could do that."
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h] [h=3]ALBION V CHARLTON
[/h] saturday 30TH AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BLACKPOOL
[/h] SATURDAY 20th september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v Cardiff
[/h] tuesDAY 30TH september, kick-off 7.45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here