Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winning after going behind at the Amex. Bolton the only club..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Twice now isn't it? An amazing stat, just hope we don't have to wait until we play Bolton again for it to happen again

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
to be fair under Poyet and even Garcia we won a hell of a lot of our home games, we took the lead and didn't lose it which should also be recognised when considering this stat. Wasn't it something under Poyet like when we took the lead we never lost or something incredible.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
to be fair under Poyet and even Garcia we won a hell of a lot of our home games, we took the lead and didn't lose it which should also be recognised when considering this stat. Wasn't it something under Poyet like when we took the lead we never lost or something incredible.

And under Poyet when we went 1-0 down we never won, incredible isn't it.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Funnily enough, two of my mates asked me, at the game, "when was the last time we won from behind?"

It was on 86 minutes. I replied "Bolton and we haven't won the game yet!". What seemed like, 30 mins later, we confirmed our victory.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Wasn't it something under Poyet like when we took the lead we never lost or something incredible.

i think the more memorable was that if we went behind we didnt win. i think there were about two or three exceptions to the rule, very glad that old monkey has been thrown off already.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
And under Poyet when we went 1-0 down we never won, incredible isn't it.

beside the donnas game. whilst there certainly seemed to be a no plan b issue, we still came fourth in our second season. The stat about coming back from 1 0 down doesnt really matter much when the teams below us had much better records, the fact is our defence was our strong point not our offence, we didn't leak a lot of goals and rarely lost which is the significant part for our final standing. i am sure that peterborough probably had a much better record but they leaked goals and went down.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

It was the 2012-13 season we managed that feat. Once we took the lead, we never lost from a winning position.

Somewhat less welcome was the fact we never won from a losing position either. As soon as we went 0-1 down in the Palace play-off I knew it was over :(

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
beside the donnas game. whilst there certainly seemed to be a no plan b issue, we still came fourth in our second season. The stat about coming back from 1 0 down doesnt really matter much when the teams below us had much better records, the fact is our defence was our strong point not our offence, we didn't leak a lot of goals and rarely lost which is the significant part for our final standing. i am sure that peterborough probably had a much better record but they leaked goals and went down.

And that cost us promotion.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Not enough opportunity to chant

# We're Brighton and Hove Albion

We come from behind #

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills