Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So.. Players wise, what do we need now?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Appreciate that there have been a number of threads on this.

Appreciate that we haven't played any of the top sides yet....... but

I think we just need to sign a striker now.. and a good one at that.

If we get Lenihan from Cork as well that could be the icing on the cake.

anyone else agree that we are nearly done?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
A centre half. One long term injury from being light there particularly with Calderon getting more game time at right back.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If we can get a striker who is as comfortable on the ball as Tex, Bruno & Holla, we will murder every other team in the championship.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really think we need a very good striker from somewhere as playing Bruno up front seemed absurd to me

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Striker
Full back closer to a starting place than Maxi or Chicksen.
Younger center half, ideally a developmental chap, but idk who could fit the bill/step up, so maybe a signing would be needed.

It's already looking like COG was a waste of money though. Barely played since the season started, not looked like breaking back in, and falling further down the pecking order if we sign a proper BEASTMODE striker.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
A centre half. One long term injury from being light there particularly with Calderon getting more game time at right back.

Good point but Bruno can drop back to right back if we need Calderon in the centre, even less of a problem if we get Lenihan. (I wouldn't say no to another CB though).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really do not think we need any further defenders we had Hughes and Chicksen on the bench and Bruno playing out of position.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I really do not think we need any further defenders we had Hughes and Chicksen on the bench and Bruno playing out of position.

Well we certainly don't need any more midfielders..... So Striker(s) it is!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
With a league stat averaging 1 goal a game so far, it's clearly just a striker or two. Think we are done elsewhere

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
If we can sign a 20+ goal a season striker, then we will surely be promotion candidates.

Hopefully we've been saving the cash for that marquee signing, can't see us getting one for less than 7 figures!

Good ones are expensive.....perhaps another season long loan striker??

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we can sign a 20+ goal a season striker, then we will surely be promotion candidates.

Hopefully we've been saving the cash for that marquee signing, can't see us getting one for less than 7 figures!

Agreed Mustafa. This is the one position where we need to splash the cash.

Leo's Goatee

Dec 30, 2013
Under Leo's mouth
3 players, one prem winger on loan, and then splash the cash on another and a striker too

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
3 players, one prem winger on loan, and then splash the cash on another and a striker too

I would be very surprised if Sammi took on two wingers.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Striker
Full back closer to a starting place than Maxi or Chicksen.
Younger center half, ideally a developmental chap, but idk who could fit the bill/step up, so maybe a signing would be needed.

It's already looking like COG was a waste of money though. Barely played since the season started, not looked like breaking back in, and falling further down the pecking order if we sign a proper BEASTMODE striker.

Lenihan will hopefully be that full back and rather than sign another CB I think Sami will look to the likes of Maxi and Glen Rea if needs be for cover.

The only beasts we seem to sign are primarily defensive players. I still await the next Wardy/Zamora in hope.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A top end championship forward (not east to find and everyone wants one).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here