Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hyypia-230814-l229-1861696_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
19:10 23rd August 2014
by Paul Camillin
We did the basics right, we didn't lose our concentration that’s what’s important."
Sami Hyypia

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Sami Hyypia tonight praised a professional display, as his side recorded a 2-1 win over Bolton Wanderers and make it back-to-back wins in the Championship.He said, "I'm delighted to get three points. We did the basics right, we didn't lose our concentration that’s what’s important.
"It was very important that we were professional and didn't get carried away with the first-half in Leeds and to take the confidence from that game into this one.
"In possession it wasn't at the same level as Leeds, but Bolton made it difficult they were active. They did not press as high."
Albion came from 1-0 down to win, but didn't panic after going behind to Matt Mills's firm header; and goals in either side from Craig Mackail-Smith and Joao Teixeira turned the game in Albion's favour.
Hyypia added, "The first goal in any game is important, but even so, we had plenty of time [after Bolton opened the scoring]. You don’t have to panic, if you have plenty of time to come back.
"Before the game we made a plan to win the game, so when the opposition scored we just stuck to the game plan.

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

"The team showed character to keep going and we kept following our game plan and we were able to come back to win the game."Hyypia is pleased with how his squad is shaping up, but is keen to further strengthen ahead of the transfer window closing a week on Monday.
"When you see the players we had on the bench in the first game and you look at the bench now, you can see the difference where we are at the moment.
"With due respect for the players that were on in the bench in the first game, but if you see the bench now it’s much stronger. We are delighted to be at this point.
"I said before that I would like the squad to be together weeks before the start of the season so we can work with all the players on the system, but I'm very good adapting to the situations as well so that's been okay.
"We still have a week to go [before the window closes] and hopefully we’ll have one or two additions and we'll have the squad in the shape we want it at the end of the week."
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V CHARLTON
[/h]saturday 30TH AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BLACKPOOL
[/h]SATURDAY 20th september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v Cardiff
[/h]tuesDAY 30TH september, kick-off 7.45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here