Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

training groundj

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You been on the sauce, BG?

No it is a question which I do not consider outrageous. The Amex is owned by a subsiduary company and we pay £1m a year to rent it. If we do the same for the training ground that would set us back a good few pounds and would make our profits a lot less for FFP than if the club actually owned it and paid nothing. I know TB financed it but was it on the same principal of a no interest non repayable loan exchangeable for more shares.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
No it is a question which I do not consider outrageous. The Amex is owned by a subsiduary company and we pay £1m a year to rent it. If we do the same for the training ground that would set us back a good few pounds and would make our profits a lot less for FFP than if the club actually owned it and paid nothing. I know TB financed it but was it on the same principal of a no interest non repayable loan exchangeable for more shares.

So we don't own the Amex then even though Mr Bloom has pumped in £120m to build it. I might sound stupid but why are we paying someone £1m a year for rent?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
So we don't own the Amex then even though Mr Bloom has pumped in £120m to build it. I might sound stupid but why are we paying someone £1m a year for rent?

The stadium is owned by a separate company, which Bloom is the majority shareholder. So the club pay the stadium company rent. Ergo, Bloom pays Bloom rent.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
The stadium is owned by a separate company, which Bloom is the majority shareholder. So the club pay the stadium company rent. Ergo, Bloom pays Bloom rent.

Thank you. I can sleep easily tonight and going to have a curry and settle down and watch the football league show. Have a nice evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here