Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inigo Calderon tweeting about the thoroughly deserved standing ovation

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
If you read his tweets and look at the photos, they are not about his latest tattoo, new car, girls he met in the VIP section of a nightclub. Loads of them are encouraging young people in some way - through appearances at schools, hospices, etc. He is a one in a million, humble and approachable, looking to help rather than brag or throw out useless platitudes. Action not words. I'd love him to stay forever. A fantastic servant of the club and city.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
mmmmm but he had a terrible game... love the bloke but today showed we need an attacking right back. Calde a gent but not up to it. Awaits panning.

As many will confirm, I've been quite the sour old goat on here recently with gripes about about a lot of things, but I'm not having this. Deserved his applause, legend.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
As many will confirm, I've been quite the sour old goat on here recently with gripes about about a lot of things, but I'm not having this. Deserved his applause, legend.

dont get me wrong i too gave a standing ovation today not for a minute do i think he doesnt deserve the applause just think he is the weak link in the team - not his fault just getting old.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The man is an Albion legend and who would have thought that a few years back when he made his debut, Walsall away on a freezing day.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
dont get me wrong i too gave a standing ovation today not for a minute do i think he doesnt deserve the applause just think he is the weak link in the team - not his fault just getting old.

Appreciated, but you need players like Calde in the team, not the most gifted but he runs himself into the ground and leads by example, an inspiration on the pitch.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Up there with my favourite Albion players ever.

We need to keep him around the club in some capacity or other for a LONG time to come.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
He was relying on an inside pass to Bruno quite a lot and there was a moment in the second half when the Bolton defender thought he had him sussed, but when the defender tucked in to cut off the pass to Bruno, Calde knocked it on and burst down the wing! #stillgotit

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
mmmmm but he had a terrible game... love the bloke but today showed we need an attacking right back. Calde a gent but not up to it. Awaits panning.

Begs the question how many times you expect a fullback to bomb up the wing on the overlap and play weighted passes in to the area in a match, whilst still tracking back to cover their defensive duties.

I'm guessing you won't be happy until we sign Oliver Lahm though.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Some rubbish on here. Weak link? Not good enough?
Rot. Total rot. Goal assist and so very nearly with another.

Added to which after he went off, Bruno, mom not, provided the perfect reason why Calderon is the best person currently for the position. Mr liability could have cost us the game in the last few minutes.

Let's hope Calderon keeps his place.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Fully deserved. Who knew what a legend he'd become when he joined all those years ago. He's truly embraced the club, the city, and the fans and they've embraced him back.

And to think he almost went to Southampton.

What a great decision he made then, I very much doubt they would have appreciated him as much as we do.

A friend of mine has bumped into him at te gym a few times and says he talks about football all the time and always has a glint in his eye when he talks about the Albion.

Top, top guy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here