Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona - nearly as good as the Albion

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
After the Albion game today my young lad and I are jumping on the train to Gatwick and then off to Barcelona for the weekend. It's his summer hols trip as he'd now rather hang out in Brighton with mates than spend two weeks abroad.

I offered to get Barca tickets for him and he was delighted, but when he realised it was an Albion weekend he was shocked. There's no way he wanted to miss an Albion game just to see Barca play. I was delighted. He passed a test. So flights were changed and we've got a top football weekend.

So, reason for the post - has anyone done a Barca game here and anyone have any tips on do' sand don'ts?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Only done the stadium tour which I would strongly recommend and also ensure you visit the museum of football which is definitely the best I have ever seen.

Also if you get a chance go to Mount Junc and just down from the Olympic Stadium is a magnificent Olympic museum.

I should add, both museums I tool the kids as well and quite an eye opener when they saw ex Barcelona players like Maradona.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Cheers [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] - I didn't about the Olympic museum. Thanks.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cheers [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] - I didn't about the Olympic museum. Thanks.

The Gaudi Park is OK, that Cathedral is pointless so did not bother.

Beach area is good and use the cable car to Mt Junc. Another tip is go to the top floor of the department store at the foot of Mt Junc as great views of the City. Normally the Olympic Stadium is open for free but the Olympic pool on Mt Junc was smelly and green last time we were there.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The Gaudi Park is OK, that Cathedral is pointless so did not bother.

Beach area is good and use the cable car to Mt Junc. Another tip is go to the top floor of the department store at the foot of Mt Junc as great views of the City. Normally the Olympic Stadium is open for free but the Olympic pool on Mt Junc was smelly and green last time we were there.

Montjuic, not Mt Junc.

Aslo, the Sagrada Familia is only pointless if you have no appreciation of architectural genius.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If you think the stairs up to the WSU then I hope your tickets aren't in the upper parts of the Nou Camp! On a serious note though, it's an amazing view from every part of the ground - no designated away section was a bit of a culture shock though. I was there for the opening game of last season and I didn't see or hear any Levante fans

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If you think the stairs up to the WSU then I hope your tickets aren't in the upper parts of the Nou Camp! On a serious note though, it's an amazing view from every part of the ground - no designated away section was a bit of a culture shock though. I was there for the opening game of last season and I didn't see or hear any Levante fans

There may well not have been any, or at least not enough to be anything near audible.

Even for a trip to the Camp Nou or the Bernabeu, away attendance wouldn't tend to be more than a couple of hundred - there just isn't the away travel culture in Spain that we have here.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
Have a great time Mr Hamilton.
I took my son for his 18th in August 2012 just a week after I retired and we got tickets to see Barcelona vs Real Madrid in the Spanish Super Cup. The experience was something never to be forgotten. We got to the ground 4, yes four hours before kick off and saw the coach carrying the Real Madrid players drive at speed into the underground garage amongst a frenzy of hatred towards them. But there was never a hint of a real problem. It was all a bit of hype and inside the ground opposing fans happily sat together. Messi and Ronaldo on the same pitch at the same time was quite something.
The stadium tour is an absolute must and the view from the press box and walking up the tunnel are experiences you will never forget. Have a great time.

EW

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Have a great time Mr Hamilton.
I took my son for his 18th in August 2012 just a week after I retired and we got tickets to see Barcelona vs Real Madrid in the Spanish Super Cup. The experience was something never to be forgotten. We got to the ground 4, yes four hours before kick off and saw the coach carrying the Real Madrid players drive at speed into the underground garage amongst a frenzy of hatred towards them. But there was never a hint of a real problem. It was all a bit of hype and inside the ground opposing fans happily sat together. Messi and Ronaldo on the same pitch at the same time was quite something.
The stadium tour is an absolute must and the view from the press box and walking up the tunnel are experiences you will never forget. Have a great time.

EW

Thank you Mr William.

We're seeing Elche (not quite Real Madrid). I admit to be incredibly excited.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I was absolutely gobsmacked with LA sagrada familia, much more than I was with camp nou, but each to their own I suppose, also worth taking a city bus tour, to see the many sites, the downside to that is there are two different routes and I don't think you can use the same ticket for both, the one I used stopped at la sagrada familia, camp nou and at the foot of montjuic, when buying a ticket for the tourbus you are given a voucher book for discounted entrance to many of the city's attraction's.

Barcelona is a fantastic city in my opinion, enjoy your trip.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
tip: if taking up people's recommendations to see the Sag Fag, book online and print off confirmation to avoid long long queues

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
tip: if taking up people's recommendations to see the Sag Fag, book online and print off confirmation to avoid long long queues

This. My girlfriend and I went without booking online, saw the queues of an hour or so, pulled the phone out, booked online and were inside in 15 minutes. Marvellous scenes, and totally worth it.

Another Gaudi building in the city, Casa Battló, is also very much worth a visit. Again, it's wise to book online and avoid queues.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Only done the stadium tour which I would strongly recommend and also ensure you visit the museum of football which is definitely the best I have ever seen.

Also if you get a chance go to Mount Junc and just down from the Olympic Stadium is a magnificent Olympic museum.

I should add, both museums I tool the kids as well and quite an eye opener when they saw ex Barcelona players like Maradona.

I didn't find The Nou Camp that dangerous when I done the tour! :D

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
Well worth a visit if you have time is the Salvador Dali museum in Figureras just north of Barcelona. I am not a great lover of art galleries, but this just blew me away. Check out the website, you can Google it. Have a good break!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well worth a visit if you have time is the Salvador Dali museum in Figureras just north of Barcelona. I am not a great lover of art galleries, but this just blew me away. Check out the website, you can Google it. Have a good break!!

I went there a very long time ago and it is an amazing museum, very much tests your mind and imagination.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here