Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Kate Bush Documentary Last Night

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Fascinating programme with some interesting pundits - Lydon, Neil Gaiman, Brett Anderson etc. Almost wish I'd tried for tickets now.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Watched the first 10 minutes on iPlayer this morning before the train. Does Tori Amos thank her for single-handedly making her rich and famous?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
A really interesting programme - she is a unique talent. I failed to get tickets, unfortunately, I would love to have gone to see her live.

The Old Grey Whistle Test that followed was also excellent viewing, some real blasts from the past.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
A mate of mine still has 2 tickets for her opening night free. The downside is they're the £150 ones, hence ruling me out sadly.

If anyone's interested I'll see what I can do.*

*with the caveat that he hasn't sold them already.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
A mate of mine still has 2 tickets for her opening night free. The downside is they're the £150 ones, hence ruling me out sadly.

If anyone's interested I'll see what I can do.*

*with the caveat that he hasn't sold them already.

I thought about it for a minute...but no, £150 (or £300 for two) rules me out too. Thanks for the heads up though, CC.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great programme, her natural talent and attitude towards letting her music do all the talking contrasts completely with all this X Factor mediocrity we see nowadays.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Great program - and of course my claim to fame is that she is a local girl to
where I live (Orpington in Kent). Think she was brought up in Bexley.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Great program - and of course my claim to fame is that she is a local girl to
where I live (Orpington in Kent). Think she was brought up in Bexley.

She used to live in Sussex somewhere, near Chailey I think, about 12 years ago. Mate of mine did some carpentry work for her. Dunno if she is still there

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Lucky friend. Although I'd imagine she would have been quite quiet/reserved at school.
My friend is not a bloke. She liked her, but says she was quiet as you say but talented. No surprises there really. I think, but I may have remembered incorrectly, that it was a girls school.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here