Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Macbook repairer required - any recommendations?

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I may have dropped my Macbook Air, which may have resulted in a cracked screen... *sigh*

Its a few years old so definitely out of warranty etc - any advice or recommendations gratefully accepted! Are Apple the best place to go too?

Thanks!!!

Z

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Thebookyard.com 100% everytime. For any Mac spare parts or repairs, reconditioned Macs these guys are the best.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I took mine to the Laptop Workshop in Worthing and they did a great job. Not bad in terms of price either.

Don't bother taking it to Apple - they'll charge you just for them to look at it (I was quoted £90).

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
There's a good place on Blatchington Road. Fixed my doomed Macbook and treat, and reasonable charge.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Sorry about the radio silence on this one - thanks for all the suggestions. Had a personal recommendation in the end for iPhone fixer on Lewes Road (http://www.iphonefixerbrighton.co.uk/) so its in their now and should have it back next week. Will report back on how much it costs (quoted £220) and what the result is next week.

*fingers crossed it all works ok*

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
So I now have my Macbook back, and the screen is useable again at a cost of £220 (as quoted). This was much cheaper (by over £120) than the other quote I got but to be honest I wouldn't recommend the place I took it in. It took much longer than expected, you can see where the dent that broke the original screen (didn't know this would be the case) and there appears to be a serial number on the inside of the LCD screen protector (which I think the repairer forgot to remove!). Guess I got what I paid for *sigh*

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Just to be fair - I've just been back to the repairer and hes removed the film over the LCD screen protector there and then that he hadn't removed so the serial number is now gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here