Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Concourse opening times tomorrow and buying an early pint?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Just had the pre match brief email from the club saying there will be catering and entertainment outside tomorrow, but my mates who get a R shuttle replacement coach will still be there at their normal time of 1pm and we all meet on the concourse, but the concourses according to the email won't be opening until 13.30. Quite annoying seeing as they've bought a season tickets worth of coach travel with a dedicated pick up time. Are they gonna be stuck outside for half an hour without being able to buy a beer?:shrug:

It wouldn't normally be a problem but the queues for Dicks bar now start earlier and earlier and now with concourses opening later it's only going to get worse. I thought concourse doors were due to open 2 hours before kick off? Is this a late change in policy or what?

Can anyone shed any light on this? I didn't see anything on the official site regarding outside alcohol sales.

Ta muchly.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Just had the pre match brief email from the club saying there will be catering and entertainment outside tomorrow, but my mates who get a R shuttle replacement coach will still be there at their normal time of 1pm and we all meet on the concourse, but the concourses according to the email won't be opening until 13.30. Quite annoying seeing as they've bought a season tickets worth of coach travel with a dedicated pick up time. Are they gonna be stuck outside for half an hour without being able to buy a beer?:shrug:

It wouldn't normally be a problem but the queues for Dicks bar now start earlier and earlier and now with concourses opening later it's only going to get worse. I thought concourse doors were due to open 2 hours before kick off? Is this a late change in policy or what?

Can anyone shed any light on this? I didn't see anything on the official site regarding outside alcohol sales.

Ta muchly.

Albion fans will have the first opportunity to get a taste of our new pre-match entertainment at the Amex tomorrow, which will be headlined by Brighton-based band Rory Indiana, who will be playing a set from 1.30pm on the new stage located outside the Brighton & Hove Albion Superstore. Food and alcoholic beverages will be available alongside the entertainment as part of our new fanzone area.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Beer will be on sale outside where the band is apparently. For cat A games there will be no outside booze, but tomorrow there should be. Interesting attempt at a fan zone tailgating experience I hope it goes well.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
You didn't read it all did you. Unless it's only me that can buy food and drink outside whilst listening to a group of some sort.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Piss poor pre match brief.....dosnt tell us what the Piglets Pie filling is

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
You didn't read it all did you.

I did read it actually but just skim read it, I didn't catch the alcoholic bit. I'm so very very sorry. Next time I post I'll make sure I have every single detail to hand. Just like every other poster on here.

Thankyou for showing me the error of my ways. I feel ashamed.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I did read it actually but just skim read it, I didn't catch the alcoholic bit. I'm so very very sorry. Next time I post I'll make sure I have every single detail to hand. Just like every other poster on here.

There's no need to feel ashamed. Apart from me having to read a sarcastic reply, just for answering the question you posed. No harm done. :kiss:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Ta muchly.

You allowed out to play then tomorrow new Dad Mr Spongy? Might meet for a head-wetter?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
spongy;6527739[B said:
]I did read it actually but just skim read it, I didn't catch the alcoholic bit[/B]. I'm so very very sorry. Next time I post I'll make sure I have every single detail to hand. Just like every other poster on here.

Let me analyse this....1) you did read it.......2) you skim read it.........3) you didn't catch the alcoholic bit...............now............the facts are................you did NOT read it ....did you?.............clearly an apology is not acceptable, I will PM you my bank details and I would like to think you will deposit quite a large sum of wonga in it for not only wasting my time but clearly lying!!!
Anything in the region of £10,000 will be acceptable and I will delete the thread for you :thumbsup:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Appears he's a new Dad Hitony. This could explain a lot.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I am a new dad, mrs spongy had our first daughter on Sunday. I'm tired, and this afternoon I actually got out of the house and had 5 pints. It went to my head. I quickly read an email (not properly I admit) and posted a thread without doing a proper search:blush:

If [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] Pm's me his bank account and sort code I shall sort out a financial present:thumbsup:

No harm done, I just felt like being a bit of an arse like so many do on here:lolol:
[MENTION=28459]Prince Monolulu[/MENTION] yes mate, me and Mr T shall be in Dicks from 1pm, or I may be outside enjoying a pint in the mosh pit watching the band enjoying a pint and a fag....

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
So for the whole season opening at 1.30. That's ok with outside entertainment in August, but what about in January?
Seems like another blindly daft thing the club are going ahead with. Surely they will lose out in cash unless they have loads and loads of beer tents like a festival and in winter they are heated and can handle 5000 people.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
So for the whole season opening at 1.30. That's ok with outside entertainment in August, but what about in January?
Seems like another blindly daft thing the club are going ahead with. Surely they will lose out in cash unless they have loads and loads of beer tents like a festival and in winter they are heated and can handle 5000 people.
sounds like your glass was half empty and then you knocked it over....! :)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If this outside business is to be called Fanzone will they be changing the title of the pre-match video sequence?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I am a new dad, mrs spongy had our first daughter on Sunday. I'm tired, and this afternoon I actually got out of the house and had 5 pints. It went to my head. I quickly read an email (not properly I admit) and posted a thread without doing a proper search:blush:

If @hitony Pm's me his bank account and sort code I shall sort out a financial present:thumbsup:

No harm done, I just felt like being a bit of an arse like so many do on here:lolol:

@Prince Monolulu yes mate, me and Mr T shall be in Dicks from 1pm, or I may be outside enjoying a pint in the mosh pit watching the band enjoying a pint and a fag....

Congratulations to you and your wife :clap: (donate my 10k to your wonderful new family :thumbsup: )

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Will do! I've been awake for 24 hours now. She won't bloody sleep and won't let me put her down otherwise she screams blue murder. She's feeding but won't wind. She must be really uncomfortable. And I have no idea what to do with baby either.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
At the supporters club meeting last week Paul Barber said the concourses would not be open until 1.30pm as there were not enough supporters there from 1pm to make it financially viable.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
At the supporters club meeting last week Paul Barber said the concourses would not be open until 1.30pm as there were not enough supporters there from 1pm to make it financially viable.

So he is going to the expense of laying on more facilities outside?

Great idea on a nice day (although can't go too crazy without toilets!) but not so good when it rains or mid-winter.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here