Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What They Say, What They Mean

el punal

A little Friday jollity for you. As we are entering the last week of the transfer window, prepare for the mass transit of players leaving/arriving at various clubs throughout the football world.

So, these shirt wearing, scarf holding, badge kissing, upstanding and virtuous members of the football fraternity attend their first media conference at their new club. What will they say and AND what do they mean.

Example : "This is a club that I've always wanted to play for." ( The £80,000 a week for three years did it for me.)

or, "I've found my spiritual home." ( There's a Nandos just around the corner from the ground.)

or, " This club is really going places." ( Yeah, downwards and relegation.)

or, " This is a real, traditional football club." ( They've won bugger all since 1936)

Over to you on some wonderful sarcastic "footballisms" that will be uttered by our heroes. :D

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Everyone knows what great support they have" (The stadium is a shithole and they're odds on to be relegated).

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
This is a well-managed team that's making all the right moves. (They got me in a boot sale. Hell, they got the whole squad in a boot sale...)

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
The Gaffa and Chairman have made me feel so welcome I know I will fit in here and do my best for some great people at a great club

****ing mugs !!!!! Ha ha ha ha take me to the bank .....
£90,000 a week
£90,000 a week
Eee aye alleeyo Im on £90,000 a week

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've supported........ all my life I am Robbie Keane

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I can learn a lot from the gaffer - Play me, you B'stard

I always put in 110% - I'm too numerically illiterate to get a proper job, so I have to make this work

Their keeper made a great save off me; a worldy really. I scuffed my shot

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wanted a new challenge- This was the only offer on the table

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
They're a great bunch of lads who really stick together.

They can't play football,but they will kick lumps out of anybody.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
This is a club that is really going places - mostlydownwards but hey 90 grand a week, 90 grand a week......

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I'm looking to reclaim England place - nobody else would agree my ludicrously expensive personal terms which is why I'm stuck with Fulham/QPR/Burnley (insert as applicable)

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
"You only have to look at the stadium and training ground to be impressed by the club, which is the main reason why I joined"

- "they offered a grand more a week than Wycombe Wanderers"

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
"They're a proper, footballing side"

- they kick shit out of you and hoof it up to the big man at every given opportunity.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
"The lads are really sticking together and we can feel that momentum beginning to build....."

...... "We've lost our first five games in a row, the Manager has lost all respect of the players but has told us to say we are sticking together, but we are heading down the shitter at a colossal rate of knots, so I've got my agent looking for a January transfer for me already ......."

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
"It's a competitive squad and everyone has to earn their place" or " I hope I can help the club achieve their ambition."

I'm here to sit on the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here